Author Topic: Possibility to include Network Drives  (Read 7706 times)

Lukas89

Hi,

I want to include my virtually drives (f.e. x:  or  z:) into Music Bee.

Actually i only can include Samba Shares in my LOCAL Area Network and not those, who are mounted for example from a cloudstorage...

Thx in advance

redwing

So you're saying cloud storage, right?
I think Steven already has it in his mind, but not sure when and how it will be realized though.

- hook into various streaming services, web-based music file storage
    - my view is there remains a need for dedicated desktop library managers, especially for people with large collections
    - but over time, and as people use phones/ tablets more perhaps people will get more used to streaming music and like the idea of having a library just in the cloud
    - i am not sure how much value a desktop player being able to hook into various services really adds though
    - but perhaps being able to automatically synch files from your web library and play files locally would be useful
    - personally i dont have any interest in adding social features (like Songbird is) but perhaps others feel differently? In my view such things should be added as a plugin

and this:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6924.0

Lukas89

Hi,

i don't mean cloud services like Google Drive, Drop Box, etc...

I try to explain it a bit more detailed:

I've got a NAS-Server at Home and in my Windows-Explorer I mounted it as a Network-Drive, so it got it's own letter like my local Hard Drives, like C:/ or D:/ and i can access it everywhere i'm connected to the Internet.

And now i want MusicBee to read this Drive. Actually i only can include my real local drives and shares which are in my Local Area Network.

Greetings  :)

redwing

How about installing a portable version of MB in the NAS-Server?

Lukas89

Almost every NAS-Server is running on Linux and i only can find MusicBee for Windows OS.

But nevertheless I want to run it on my Notebook, using MusicBee to manage my MP3 and Playlists, stored on my NAS.

phred

• Global Moderator
I've got a NAS-Server at Home and in my Windows-Explorer I mounted it as a Network-Drive, so it got it's own letter like my local Hard Drives, like C:/ or D:/ and i can access it everywhere i'm connected to the Internet.

And now i want MusicBee to read this Drive. Actually i only can include my real local drives and shares which are in my Local Area Network.

Have you mapped the drive so it appears as a drive letter in Windows Explorer?  If so, it should be appearing in the Computer tree in the left panel. 

If it doesn't perhaps you have folder filtering set up and the mapped drive from the NAS isn't included.  Right-click on the heading COMPUTER and select MANAGE FOLDERS.  Then make sure SHOW ALL FOLDERS is checked.  If you only want certain folders (or drives) to appear, select CHOOSE FILTERED FOLDERS and once chosen, set it to SHOW FILTERED FOLDERS ONLY.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here