Author Topic: Half listened podcasts should not be set as listened  (Read 3890 times)

albertocv

I have several podcasts that last almost or more than an hour. If I play them for 10 minutes and then close MusicBee, when I open it again, the podcast has been deleted since I have selected to "keep only not listened".
Wouldn't it be possible to mark them as listened only when they have been played to the end?

Steven

• Administrator
do you mean "keep All Unplayed Episodes" ?
as i explained in another post of yours MB uses the playcount, and the playcount logic in the latest version has been amended for podcasts so it doesnt increment until the last 30 seconds of the podcast has been reached. It might be the case you still have podcasts that already incremented the play count from a prior version of MB

albertocv

do you mean "keep All Unplayed Episodes" ?
as i explained in another post of yours MB uses the playcount, and the playcount logic in the latest version has been amended for podcasts so it doesnt increment until the last 30 seconds of the podcast has been reached. It might be the case you still have podcasts that already incremented the play count from a prior version of MB
Sorry, I installed a patch from a reply to a previous post of mine but didn't understand it addressed also the playcount problem. Which version number has this change?
I have version 2.1.4761 and if I double click on a not listened podcast, run it for a couple of seconds and close musicbee, when I reopen is appears as listened.

Steven

• Administrator
the indicator for showing when a podcast hasnt been played at all hasnt changed

albertocv

the indicator for showing when a podcast hasnt been played at all hasnt changed
Mmm, I'm not explaining myself well here.
If I select exclude listened tracks from the Panel Layout menu, a podcast which I listened for 45 minutes out of an hour disappears.
So, I deselect the option and it reappers, but also another podcast shows, which I listened entirely.
Is this the expected behavior?

Steven

• Administrator
i know what you mean now and the behavior has been amended to filter on the play count. Its in the next 2.1 update

albertocv

i know what you mean now and the behavior has been amended to filter on the play count. Its in the next 2.1 update
Great, thanks.
When is it due?