Author Topic: A-Z Jumpbars!  (Read 5090 times)

EnduringGuerila

Alright. I would like to see the addition of (optional) A-Z jumbars added to several places.

1. Add* vertical and/or horizontal A-Z Jumpbars to the "Track Browser" Columns. (not saying vertical and horizontal at the same time)

2. Add* vertical A-Z Jumpbar to the main browser
(maybe as a column like "artist", "album", "ratings", etc.) (or just a settings toggle next to the current jumpbar toggle)

3. Option* move the current A-Z Jumpbar to the "toolbar" (might have the term wrong, talking about the bar where custom buttons appear)

screenshot just for the hell of it:
Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:42:46 PM by EnduringGuerila
Music Stats at Last.FM
My MusicBee Skin
My Portable MusicBee Setup (panel layout saved in \MusicBee\AppData\Saved Settings\Layouts)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can kludge #1 vertically by using a virtual tag.  I have my MusicBee set up that way:

To set it up:
1. Go into Preferences > Tags (1)
2. Click the button under Custom Tags where it says "Define New Tags..."
3. Give your virtual tag a name that makes sense to you.
4. Enter this formula: $Group($Sort(<Artist>),1)
5. Repeat for any other tags you want to be able to use this way, just changing the name and the tag in the formula.
6. Once you've saved your new tags, you should be able to call them up in the track browser.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

EnduringGuerila

You can kludge #1 vertically by using a virtual tag.  I have my MusicBee set up that way:

To set it up:
1. Go into Preferences > Tags (1)
2. Click the button under Custom Tags where it says "Define New Tags..."
3. Give your virtual tag a name that makes sense to you.
4. Enter this formula: $Group($Sort(<Artist>),1)
5. Repeat for any other tags you want to be able to use this way, just changing the name and the tag in the formula.
6. Once you've saved your new tags, you should be able to call them up in the track browser.
That would be closer to #2 on my list
#1 is talking about the columns that you do not have turned on

I did this but it doesn't seem to be working well on "Album and Tracks" view (mixed location)
Music Stats at Last.FM
My MusicBee Skin
My Portable MusicBee Setup (panel layout saved in \MusicBee\AppData\Saved Settings\Layouts)

Steven

• Administrator
i have added support for vertical orientation for the a-z jump bar. Its in the next 2.1 update

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sweet, thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Love the vertical jumpbar!  Much more space efficient than the track browser kludge.

A small cosmetic thing: could the blank portion of the column header bar be extended across the top of the jump bar (sort of like the jumpbar is a column, too)?  It looks weird for the header not to be flush with the edge of the panel.

Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

EnduringGuerila

this has the extra layout options:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Thank you so much! I forgot to subscribe to the topic..
It does look a little silly with the columns but I am glad to see the bar at all!

If there is a way to add vertical and/or horizontal bars to the columns that would be great!

You have no idea how awesome it is to have someone willing to take advice from the pubic on HIS program. Thank you for being awesome Steven and everyone else on this whole forum.
Music Stats at Last.FM
My MusicBee Skin