Author Topic: Library quickjump  (Read 2256 times)

Resaltare

Hello there   :)

I have been appreciating MB and was wondering if library quickjump "ala MediaMonkey" would be doable.

I mean selecting an item in a column (for instance clicking on a song name) and then typing the first letters of the item that we search (let's say "K,N,O) would resulting in the library jumping directly and selecting  the desired item ("Knocking on heaven's door") regardless of the current sorting option (even if the library is sorted by Album, it would find the song beacause of the previous click on a song title)

This is, IMHO, the last feature that prevent MB to be perfect ;D

Cheers,

Resaltare

ma_t14

I specifically downloaded MediaMonkey to test out what you are saying. I couldn't get it to work. Is there an option that has to be enabled first?

Resaltare

My bad, it was a feature of J.River media Jukebox  :-[
Sorry about the confusion. :-[

Lakrits

The type-to-find function is in a way already present in MusicBee. It is just not very
visible (or perhaps even not very intentional).

If you select an item in one of the sorting boxes' lists or in the track list, you can jump
in that list (inside that particular box). For the track list, the keyboard search is done in
the column that currently is used for sorting.

So, for example, if you select a track in the track list and then type the sequence KNO on
your keyboard, you will jump to the first post in the list's sorting column that starts with
the letters K, N and O (not case-sensitive).

/Lakrits
Spikar'u'nte inglish? Föredrar du helt enkelt svenska?

Du hittar svenska språkfiler i den här tråden.
---
Non loqueris lingua Anglorum? Grammaticus fastuosus Oxbrigiae es?

In hoc filum documenta linguae Latinae nancisceris.

Resaltare

Thnaks but as mentionned in my first post, I need that option to work regardless of the current sorting option.