Author Topic: Ability to open an explorer window from the folder display area top lhs.  (Read 2514 times)

minsik

To get an explorer window (to organise pictures for instance, downsize, rename) I need to open a folder in explorer but have to navigate to a song, then I am able to open the explorer window. No other way i can see.

Is this possible to add? thanks.

ie when selecting and moving through the folder list in the top lhs area want the right click, open in explorer option.
Some times it might be because i have folders for all music,then name of the singer/band then several folders inside which may then contain a playable file.

hope this is a clear and resonable wish for the future.

I can say that Musicbee has a good music player and EQ and sometimes the loading of the search explorer might be slow the playing in never affected.

thanks for the efforts. I contributed straight away which is something I never do but here is an exception.

Minsik

Zak

• Global Moderator
Not quite the same, but you can right-click a track and select Search... > Locate in Windows Explorer.
Bee excellent to each other...

ma_t14

You can assign a shortcut that opens an explorer window for your selection. It also works for the tree node on the left sidebar assuming that is what you are talking about.

Found under:
Edit > Preferences > Hotkeys > "General: Locate selected track in windows explorer"

Personally, I have assigned this to the numpad key zero. Its a nice chunky button I never use, so it fits the purpose perfectly  ;D

minsik

thanks. both valuable suggestions but soem of the time a track is not delected and these dont work.

In the lhs pane i can see folders, some containing more folders with say seperate albums per folder. Unless I ope one of these and then select a track then right click and use the open on exploerer there is no way to open a folder that i am positioned or selected on in that area.

for example folder called hendrix but inside there are many other folders containing albums. i have to open one of those folders and select a track, then right click and open in explorer. then navigate back at least one level to get to where i wanted to be in the first place.

It was a possible with list inclsion for a sometime future option.

thanks

ma_t14

Have you tried using my suggestion? It does exactly what you ask. As long as the folder you selected has a recognized audio file inside, pressing the hotkey will open an explorer window showing the contents of that folder