Author Topic: A Sophisticated Bee  (Read 60816 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
So not stumbling onto any bugs either?

None to report so far

- "just pop" is good, right?

sure is. makes my coloured toolbar buttons stand out

I have yet some doubts about the vertical placing of the shuffle/repeat icons. Maybe better make it horizontal? (like I did in 'Ebony and Ivory')

Your choice (of course!) but I think the vertical look is great  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

jistme

I decided on horizontal, I think it looks cleaner for this one.
(re-upped)

9cupsoftea

Hey Jistme, I love this skin and just started using it yesterday but I had a small issue with invisible text that caused me to think musicbee was bugged!

I made a post in the bug section with pictures if you want to see what I mean:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9363.0

jistme

My apologies for causing your mystery problem, and thanks for reporting 9cupsoftea!

I believe I ran into this problem before a while ago, the reason being the color for this text is shared with some disabled input controls in the configuration panel.
I tried a compromise to make it work for both positions. The skin is updated.
Let me know if you think it's not quite satisfactory.

Cheers!

VX

Thanks for the update. The skin looks really great  :)

9cupsoftea

My apologies for causing your mystery problem, and thanks for reporting 9cupsoftea!

I believe I ran into this problem before a while ago, the reason being the color for this text is shared with some disabled input controls in the configuration panel.
I tried a compromise to make it work for both positions. The skin is updated.
Let me know if you think it's not quite satisfactory.

Cheers!

Absolutely fine now, Thanks!

jistme

Made some small refinements.

(and updated the screenshot in the startpost to reflect the improvements since the first version)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I noticed the nice visualizer improvements on this one and decided to try it out, since it's mellow enough for doing lots of library work on.

Really nice!  The only thing I would change is the background on the main tabs in the left sidebar, but that's just my personal preference.  I like for the whole thing sidebar to have a solid background.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jistme

The only thing I would change is the background on the main tabs in the left sidebar, but that's just my personal preference.  I like for the whole thing sidebar to have a solid background.

You refer to the title bars like 'Library', 'Playlists', Internet' etc. right?
In most of my other skins they are indeed of a solid color, but that can also make it all look a little 'boxie'

For this skin I myself really like the gradients here.
If there is any problem with readability let me know, else I'm afraid I'll keep this one to my own taste ;-)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No worries, it was just a comment.  Actually, I think having the gradients in both sidebars keeps it balanced.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jistme

Updated.
Track info panel and controls are now being re-positioned depending on whether 'spectrum', 'track rating' and 'last.fm love' are displayed or not.

jistme

Updated, major overhaul of the player panel.
Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:32:10 PM by jistme

ZenHarmony

I can't seem to get the visualiser on the bottom right to work the way it shows in the screenshot, is there some configuration I might have wrong?

Thanks for your help

jistme

I can't seem to get the visualiser on the bottom right to work the way it shows in the screenshot, is there some configuration I might have wrong?

Hey ZenHarmony,
Is it not displaying at all, or is it displaying differently from the way it looks in the screenshot?

ZenHarmony

It's actually showing as the set of little vertical bars that appears to me to be the default for the player. I just updated to version 2.1.4922 and it still isn't working for me. Is it maybe a plugin that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Lisa