Author Topic: Compact Theater Mode III: A Musical Newspaper [UPDATED]  (Read 21124 times)

redwing

Thanks! FYI I have no problem in displaying last.fm bio page on Now Playing panel with multiple artists. I can even choose what artist to display (composer in composer field can be also chosen as artist). It seems only theater mode does not support it.

The second screenshot looks great! Maybe you could put album tracks list (text wrap) under "Information"? BTW I noticed a typo in "released album" in you xml file. Thanks again for your wonderful work!

Roadrunner

Again, one more great idea and well implemented!

Of course it would even be better for this kind of skins, when the XML could contain a tag to open the whole player in the predefined size (and back after leaving this theater mode) or at least for not scaling the background image... (I suppose that cannot be done at the moment without Stevens help?)

Steven

• Administrator
yes i plan to do that probably in the next couple of days

izakpolman

Looks amazing! But the maximum resolution of my laptop (1280 x 800) shows some elements out of line (Sizer can't help it). Do you have a plan to support lower resolutions? Thanks for sharing this wonderful work, anyway!

Didn't intend to support different resolutions. But anyway, it's not difficult to do. Just follow those steps:

1. Select a coefficient that defines de new resolution. For example, 0.75. Then the new resolution would be 1080x600 (1440x0.75=1080). It works in case you want a bigger resolution than the original one too.
2. Open the background image in some picture software and resize it using the selected percentage (in the former case, 75%).
3. Then open the theatermode xml file with Notepad. There you should multiply for this coefficient:
   - x and y
   - width
   - height
   - font size
For example, if x="400" then you should write x="300" (400x0.75=300).

That's all.  ;D

Thank you Greb.  I came across this message and suddenly understand how to make a new resolution with Notepad. You are not only creative but a good teacher as well  :D

Greb

Thank you Greb.  I came across this message and suddenly understand how to make a new resolution with Notepad. You are not only creative but a good teacher as well  :D

Thanks, dude.