Author Topic: About artistpicture, artistinfo, theatermode and classical music.  (Read 6004 times)

Greb

I have been doing a new theater mode, including a 'classical edition', intended for classical music:

But I find a problem: I would like to have either composer and performer bios and pictures in theatermode. Usually one of them is stored in the artist tag, and the other one, well, it depends. I usually store the composer in the artist tag and the performer in de 'conductor' tag, but other people can use a different one.

It would be interesting, besides the artistpicture and artistinfor, to have a second 'additionalartistpicture' and 'additionalartistinfo' that can use a different tag, no matter it would be 'album artist', 'composer', 'conductor' or so.

Thanks!

redwing

Speaking of the theater mode, I'd like to ask its support for multiple artists. Currently MB has no problem in displaying last.fm bio page on Track and Artist panel with multiple artists, and even allows users to choose what artist to display. But it seems that Now Playing panel and the Theater mode still does not support multiple artists for Artist info and Artist picture. I'd be happy even if only the first artist could be displayed. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
Speaking of the theater mode, I'd like to ask its support for multiple artists. Currently MB has no problem in displaying last.fm bio page on Track and Artist panel with multiple artists, and even allows users to choose what artist to display. But it seems that Now Playing panel and the Theater mode still does not support multiple artists for Artist info and Artist picture. I'd be happy even if only the first artist could be displayed. Thanks!
yes you are correct and i have amended the behavior so the first artist for multi-artist tagged files is used instead of the display artist as is the case now. Its in the next 2.1 update

redwing

yes you are correct and i have amended the behavior so the first artist for multi-artist tagged files is used instead of the display artist as is the case now. Its in the next 2.1 update

Thanks a lot! Now I can really enjoy the theater mode!

Steven

• Administrator
an attribute has been added
prefArtist="Composer"
eg.
<element type="ArtistPicture" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-2" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="255,10,10,10" prefArtist="Composer" fade="0.0"></element>

when set, preference is given to the composer name and if none then it uses the artist name

its in the next 2.1 update

Greb

an attribute has been added
prefArtist="Composer"
eg.
<element type="ArtistPicture" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-2" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="255,10,10,10" prefArtist="Composer" fade="0.0"></element>

when set, preference is given to the composer name and if none then it uses the artist name

its in the next 2.1 update

Damn, I was trying to say 'both', not 'either'. My fault. I was trying to put  both bios from composer and performer in the theater mode. Sorry  :(

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
added this setting as well:
<theaterMode>
  <settings fixedWidth="300" fixedHeight="100" />
</theaterMode>
i will post an updated .exe later or tomorrow

Greb

I was checking it today and I can't get both pictures. It gives me either the one from the composer or the one from the artist, but no way to get both of them...