Author Topic: Bold Now Playing track + Filters for Audiobooks + Selections and check boxes  (Read 6968 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I really like the option to show the now playing track in a different color.  I would find it really helpful to also have it show the track in bold font to make it easier to see.

Edit: Also, filters for Audiobooks would be helpful.
Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:57:43 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just adding to the list.  :)

Would REALLY like to be able to keep selected files collected while resorting by column.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Iasc

I really like the option to show the now playing track in a different color.  It would find it really helpful to also have it show the track in bold font to make it easier to see.

preferences - now playing- playback

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I really like the option to show the now playing track in a different color.  It would find it really helpful to also have it show the track in bold font to make it easier to see.

preferences - now playing- playback

Yeah, that's the thing I was saying I liked.  It would just be great if I could also make it bold.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Iasc

misread your first post, sorry. personally i don't really see the need to have it in bold as well. but if you don't ask you don't get.
Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:51:27 AM by iasc

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
personally i don't really see the need to have it in bold as well. but if you don't ask you don't get.

Precisely.  :)  These are little conveniences, not major things.  Just wanted to put them out there.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Would REALLY like to be able to keep selected files collected while resorting by column.

What if your original selection was not collected in the first place? As a workaround, I'm sending them to a temporary new playlist, doing work there, and then deleting the playlist.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That was a bit of a typo.  Was supposed to say keep selected files selected.  :)  In other words, reorder them, just keep them highlighted.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

I got it. But then some tracks might become off-screen (Thanks! Zak) as a result of re-sorting and could lead to a disastrous situation where some off-screen tracks are affected by your following actions as opposed to your intention.

Zak

• Global Moderator
That was a bit of a typo.  Was supposed to say keep selected files selected.  :)  In other words, reorder them, just keep them highlighted.
Selected files can change around a bit. If you display the checkmark column (the first option under "Other fields"), you can left-click that column to "tick" files. Files remain ticked when reordered, and you can then right-click to "Select Ticked Files". A little convoluted, but it lets you keep tracks selected even after changing views and applying filters.
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Selected files can change around a bit. If you display the checkmark column (the first option under "Other fields"), you can left-click that column to "tick" files. Files remain ticked when reordered, and you can then right-click to "Select Ticked Files". A little convoluted, but it lets you keep tracks selected even after changing views and applying filters.

That's really helpful.  Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
On further consideration, I could live without filters for Audiobooks if I could just have separate main panel settings for Audiobooks, so that I could use the track browser there without also having it show up in Music and Inbox.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sorry, I'm back again.  The one thing that would make the check boxes perfect is a "check selected" option.  Is there one that I'm not seeing?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Sorry, I'm back again.  The one thing that would make the check boxes perfect is a "check selected" option.  Is there one that I'm not seeing?
It only works the other way around - tick then select.

You can read the original discussion here:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5901.15
Bee excellent to each other...