Author Topic: Last.fm radio stations  (Read 21304 times)

Alexis

I Definitely prefer the flexibility thus far with ex.fm.  Really liking it as a substitute.  I shut down player, come back and it resumes where I left off and i can even repeat songs etc etc.  Really liking this.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alainn

How does a subscription work for subscribers outside of the US/UK/Germany? I'm in Canada, will a last.fm subscription allow me to use Musicbee the same way it works now? (Radio stations and AutoDJ tracks from last.fm)
Last.fm announced their new radio policy yesterday: subscribers outside of the US, the UK and Germany will no longer have access to the radio: http://www.last.fm/announcements/radio2013

Steven

• Administrator
thanks Alainn - thats quite disappointing news

finzenmaster

Here's the main points of the above statement in the nutshell for each geographic location:

Radio changes to Last.fm from Tuesday 15 January 2013
Last.fm is making some important changes to the radio services we offer around the world. We have considered these changes carefully, in response to various factors that affect our business differently in parts of the world.

The key changes are as follows:

In the United States, United Kingdom and Germany, radio in the desktop client is now a subscription feature, as it is elsewhere.
    In Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and Brazil, there will be no significant changes to our service.
    Unfortunately, in all other countries, we are no longer offering a radio service after this date.

Hopefully this will change in the future as the system was really good. But thanks to Steven, new alternatives are allready added.

musicfox87

How does a subscription work for subscribers outside of the US/UK/Germany? I'm in Canada, will a last.fm subscription allow me to use Musicbee the same way it works now? (Radio stations and AutoDJ tracks from last.fm)

I'm from Canada too. I just use hotspot shield as a vpn client to change my ip address to a US one. You can still stream from last.fm on a browser. Unfortunately, it won't work with musicbee though. <http://www.last.fm/listen/user/yourusername/recommended>
Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:49:09 AM by musicfox87

Steven

• Administrator
please do a google search of the forum and the last.fm web site - last.fm no longer supports radio stations at all to third parties