Author Topic: Cover flow  (Read 8610 times)

chorpo

Hi,

For the next version release 0.3 I suggested you to make cover flow view similar to iPhones or iTunes one... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_Flow
It would be more efective to seach albums by covers the same way as in music shop ;-)

peter
Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:43:44 AM by chorpo

Steven

• Administrator
i was wondering if anyone was going to ask for this! i will include in 0.3

toology

Cover flow is a great thing, I'm just curious are you going to find an available solution or make one from scratch? So far most of the coverflow plugins consume a lot of resources. Perhaps there is a way to use a GPU for the processing?

Steven

• Administrator
i can do this in a way that doesnt impact people who dont use this function. But for people who do, there is the overhead of loading the images, resizing and rotating which as you would expect is likely to be quite compute and memory intensive although I havent looked in detail yet.

MusicBeeFan

Hello, just a bump to ask if there are still any plans for a coverflow panel option, or if at least the plugin framework can support a plugin that does this.

sleiN13

to high-jack this thread a bit. what is the planning for version 0.3? and would you (Steven) be interested if I submitted the release of that feature to http://tweakers.net (Dutch) could provide you with a fair amount of new users I think :)

Steven

• Administrator
re: coverflow, i'll add it the things i am looking for help with for plugin development. Otherwise it will probably be quite a long time before i could look at it (as you might expect it wouldnt be a trivial exercise).
Please feel free to submit this software to the website.

mwcem

I'd like to second this wish! Cover flow is really cool, and I'd love to see it in Musicbee.

voon

How do you people use that? I always found it flashy, but useless in a large library (or if it is playlist based, a large playlist). No way it is more ffective or anything like filters or lists are, even if they look boring.... graphically, even the standard cover view etc is far superior than a carousel of covers etc?

cartman005

I don't think that it is useful, it is just aesthetically very nice. Of course, Apple is interested in design so they include it in OS X and iTunes.  I've seen it done as plugins for other music players besides iTunes, and it doesn't look anywhere as nice. For the amount of time it would take to create a Coverflow clone from scratch, it isn't worth it at all.

Steven

• Administrator
thats exactly how i feel about it as well, but i will work with any developer willing to implement it

Moss

hi Steven,

sorry for my bad english, I hope I can write what I want  :)

Coverflow is the only thing what i miss in MB, how big is the Chance to implemented it in next time?

Greats
Moss

Steven

• Administrator
nothing has changed from my prior comment - if there is a developer willing to do this then i will make the needed api call changes available