Author Topic: Add "Folder path" to the list of available fields  (Read 5466 times)

john6555

Currently Filename exists as a field in MB, but this only applies to the file itself, not including the folder/subfolders above it. Would it be possible to add the "Folder path" as a field option? A couple examples where that would come in handy -- you could set up library filters by folder, organize the layout by folder path, or potentially use the folder (or subfolder) as a field in the auto-organize rules.

Steven

• Administrator
no prob to add it but in case you werent aware, when manually re-organising you can untick the 'move to folder' settings to preserve the folder path so no need to include a path tag in the naming for this case. Not available in the auto-organised library though
Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:03:55 AM by Steven

john6555

understood. thanks, this will be really useful (for filtering especially)!

Xious

I would very much like to see the folder path option in the Music Library.  I have my music sorted a specific way which doesn't always follow the normal library browsing.  And coming from Winamp, I usually just use the sort by file path and everything is great.  So I think this option would be a great addition.

X

donjulien

jekatt

Hey Steven.

I tested the new feature and it doesn't seem to work when searching in the media library.

If i use a filter it works, but only if not choosing to match "Any field"...

Regards
jens

Steven

• Administrator
yes i find the same in the search box (its fine for me in the auto-playlists though)
this should fix it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dfqzn3ne2tn

jekatt

:o Thank you Steven, your support is great!

Searching for the path in the media library works now.
But i have still a problem when choosing "Search all fields".