Author Topic: AutoDJ Quick Send  (Read 5074 times)

ionut

AutoDJ is a great replacement for iTunes Genius, but it's difficult to generate a playlist, so the feature is rarely used. An option that sends the selected song to AutoDJ would be useful (maybe as an option in the Send To menu, a keyboard shortcut or even a standalone icon).

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not sure i understand this request.
The way i intended the AutoDJ to work is you generate an initial playlist with whatever criteria and clicking 'generate'. Then click Play to start it so it appears in the now playing list. From the now playing list you can then add/remove/ move as you like, and once the number of remaining songs is less than the specificed minimum it will add more songs meeting the auto-dj criteria

ionut

I use AutoDJ to generate a list of related songs from last.fm. To generate a list, you need to play a song, go to autodj, click on "generate", wait until the song finishes and then click on a song from the generated list. It would be nice to build an autodj playlist with one click.

Steven

• Administrator
ok makes sense - i will do 2 things:
- add a hotkey so you can generate and play the auto-dj from anywhere without even having the panel opened
- in the auto-dj panel itself, change the behavior of the Play button so you can start the auto-dj without it stopping the current song ie. queue the auto-dj list after the current playing song
Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:29:40 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

bonedriven

Hello Developer,

I totally agree with op. "Send to auto DJ" is no doubt one of the greatest feature in MusicBee !! :D

However, it's really not easy to click through a few steps rather than one click to send the current song to auto-DJ. Right now you have to 1. right click on the song, 2. find the "send to" in the context menu, 3. find "auto-dj".

I tried to make a shortcut key but noticed there's no "send to auto-dj" option !!

Please... make this great feature more available.  :)
Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:46:30 PM by bonedriven

SimonBRT

Hello Developer,

I totally agree with op. "Send to auto DJ" is no doubt one of the greatest feature in MusicBee !! :D

However, it's really not easy to click through a few steps rather than one click to send the current song to auto-DJ. Right now you have to 1. right click on the song, 2. find the "send to" in the context menu, 3. find "auto-dj".

I tried to make a shortcut key but noticed there's no "send to auto-dj" option !!

Please... make this great feature more available.  :)

You can now just start something playing and then toggle Auto DJ on using the shuffle button on the main player controls bar (it has 3 states: normal playback, shuffle and auto dj).

bonedriven

You can now just start something playing and then toggle Auto DJ on using the shuffle button on the main player controls bar (it has 3 states: normal playback, shuffle and auto dj).

Yes, I know that button. It doesn't work automatically. My auto-dj status is always on. When I play a song in an album, it doesn't send it to now playing list but the whole whole album is in the queue. The auto-dj will only start to kick in after the whole album has been played. This is not the same with "send to auto-dj".

If there's a just a short cut for this "start auto-dj" from this song...or a button at least.
Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:42:24 AM by bonedriven

Steven

• Administrator
click on the shuffle icon in the player controls panel - it toggles to auto-dj mode

bonedriven

click on the shuffle icon in the player controls panel - it toggles to auto-dj mode

I don't know what I miss here.

1. image of that I toggle shuffle on/off/auto-dj:
2. the image I right click on song and choose "send to auto dj" result:  

See, they are different. Can you understand what I mean?

Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:19:16 PM by Bee-liever

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
fixed images in above post
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
i have added a hotkey for the next 2.1 update
Send To: Auto DJ

bonedriven

i have added a hotkey for the next 2.1 update
Send To: Auto DJ