Author Topic: Galaxy Ace 2  (Read 7289 times)

V4lve

Hi.

MusicBee tells me very little about what is happening during sync to my new Galaxy Ace 2 and takes ages. E.g. the status will say "Playlist 'ToShare' copying" and just sits there, despite it containing less than 10 tracks.  How can I tell what it is actually doing?

Steve

Steven

• Administrator
double click on the status bar and it should open the dialog showing what its doing

V4lve

Hi Steven.  The window that pops up doesnt say much more.

Steven

• Administrator
if your device supports MTP and MSC suggest you try both.
Otherwise i would need to give you a debug version which i cant do for a few days i would say

V4lve

MSC is way way faster and more chatty but is not the default mode. If I want to use MSC I have to fiddle with the phone before plugging it in. If I just plug it in then it connects using MTP.  I can't change the default behaviour without rooting the phone.

V4lve

Seem to have sorted it.  I forced windows to re-install the USB host drivers and now MTP is much quicker

V4lve

Hi.  I'm afraid MTP is still causing problems.  It doesnt appear to copy all song from my PC playlist to the phone.  MSC mode is fine.  Is there anyway I can find out which ones are failing for MTP. Ta

Steven

• Administrator
if the playlist itself is only half populated then i would say the files failed to copy. I am surprised that MB would not have reported any error though.
I suggest you check the error log (help/support/view error log).
if there are a bunch of errors, maybe you could paste one of them here. In all likelyhood it will be a random device error and trying again might work.
I am not willing to spend much time on this though as i dont have the time to spend trying to solve the quirks of every device out there.