Author Topic: Auto Shutdown - Stop Playback  (Read 4829 times)

Iasc

i would like to have the option in auto shut down to just stop playback after the elapsed time. that way i can restart playback with kelsos remote instead of having to get out of bed. lazy i know!!!!!

Zak

• Global Moderator
Not as convenient, but you can create an Auto-Playlist that contains x mins/hours of music.
Bee excellent to each other...

Iasc

haven't done much with auto dj because i have my own playlists that i listen to, but when i restarted it would it be playing the same tracks i had listened to the night before?

Zak

• Global Moderator
haven't done much with auto dj because i have my own playlists that i listen to, but when i restarted it would it be playing the same tracks i had listened to the night before?
I think the idea of Auto-DJ is to keep playing forever until you stop it. An auto-playlist on the other hand is a playlist populated with new content each time you play it according a set of specified conditions.

You could easily create a playlist containing a random 45 minutes of ambient music to fall asleep to each night. Or 90 minutes of death metal if you hate your neighbours.

Iasc

will have a look at that. thanks zak. would still like the stop playback function though.

Iasc

ive just done a few quick test runs but when i restart the playlist after it finishes it just plays the last played track and than stops again. am i missing something?

edit- bearing im mind that i am using the android remote to restart the playlist and not using the music bee program on my pc, so i cant double click on the auto playlist to restart it.
Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:01:23 PM by iasc

Zak

• Global Moderator
ive just done a few quick test runs but when i restart the playlist after it finishes it just plays the last played track and than stops again. am i missing something?

edit- bearing im mind that i am using the android remote to restart the playlist and not using the music bee program on my pc, so i cant double click on the auto playlist to restart it.
Yep, not being able to click the playlist might be a problem.  :-\

Depending on what commands you can map to your remote, you could try this to avoid getting get out of bed:

* Play the playlist in shuffle mode - this is to make MusicBee play all items in the list, even if you play the last track first
* To load new tracks into the playlist, select View > Refresh
* Map a button on your remote to the MusicBee command Playback: Play now - this plays the track that is actually selected, not the track that was previously loaded
* Go back to sleep

Iasc

as far as i know the only one of those options that's possible is to go back to sleep  :D. pity, i do enjoy having some quiet background music when i snoozing on my day off  :(