Author Topic: XBox Music Style  (Read 72440 times)

Steven

• Administrator
The slowdown is caused by too many overlays. The ideal solution would be to bake all layers on just one overlay. That will take some time to adjust...
its because the plugin fades in the start of a new picture and in your case there is a lot of screen painting happening for every fade increment so its very slow. I might disable that if there are too many blocks to be displayed as in this skin

redwing

Now I see what's going on. But it looks fine to me -- more elegant and artistic with the slow fade in.

Steven

• Administrator
the reason it was faster before was because there was already an automated blocker for fading an image when there were too many block elements. You exceeded that limit in the previous version and in this version you didnt.
I can probably do a couple of things to improve the performance but it will take a couple of days. I doubt you can do much on your side if you want to keep the same effects

endeavour1934

I'm testing merging the 2 darkening blocks + top and down gradients + color overlay on a single image and it works perfectly without any lag. It has less contrast but that is a minor problem.

endeavour1934

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773406/xb2b5.zip
This version has all the layers combined on one image, and works very smooth. Still needs some work on floating panels and maybe adding one darkening layer by default, when no overlay is selected.

edit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773406/xb2b5-2layer.zip (needs the other version installed too)
This one uses a darkening layer for the BG picture and another for overlays. It's a bit slower, but perfectly usable.
Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:19:49 PM by endeavour1934

silvestreccf

Everybody loves Metro Style, very...very nice TheaterMode interface, make me remember Zune, only thing I miss was the Tracklist on the side.

endeavour1934

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773406/xb2.zip

This is the final 2.0 version for MusicBee 2.3
[You should delete all the beta images/files before installing this version - not because of conflicts, just to clean up.]

Steven

• Administrator
one thing i notice is the track title header on the lyrics overlaps with the top of the lyrics text.
Its also the case for the artist biography but the overlap seems smaller

endeavour1934

one thing i notice is the track title header on the lyrics overlaps with the top of the lyrics text.
Its also the case for the artist biography but the overlap seems smaller
That was done on purpose, but maybe I should change it, as it doesn't match behaviour on other text.

endeavour1934

Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:47:00 PM by endeavour1934

redwing

When lyrics panel is open, there's no way to close it down for no-lyrics tracks because lyrics icon then gets disabled. At that point, if you open playlist panel, the two autoHide panels get overlapped.

redwing

Probably the easiest solution would be to add fg and fg2(mouseover) attributes to the two autoHide panels since you already allowed pinning for those panels.

endeavour1934

Probably the easiest solution would be to add fg and fg2(mouseover) attributes to the two autoHide panels since you already allowed pinning for those panels.
I've tried that, but the close buttons don't appear, they are clickable but still invisible...

EDIT: Updated both theater modes with fg and onmousefg values for panel 'close' buttons (still not working though); deleted 2-3 unnecesary images from ZIP files... sorry for the inconvenience :P
Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:20:41 PM by endeavour1934

redwing

"mouseOverFg" should be "fg2", then it will work.

endeavour1934

"mouseOverFg" should be "fg2", then it will work.
I've tried that, still doesn't work...