Author Topic: XBox Music Style  (Read 71946 times)

Samanthaaaa

Hi,

I've stumbled across a pesky aesthetic niggle which I am sure has spontaneously appeared over the past two weeks.

Basically, the time playing\ track length time counters are now showing as time playing\ -track length time .  I don't know if this makes any sense, but if you look at the screenshots by the author and the one I will post below, the second time should be static showing the total track time, whereas I am getting an actual count-down to the end of the track (which I don't really like) and an annoying hyphen which just doesn't look nice.

I've glanced over the XML file (I'm using XBox Music Style) and I can't seem to find how to change this?

Thank you in advanced.

Samanthaaaa

Hi,

I've stumbled across a pesky aesthetic niggle which I am sure has spontaneously appeared over the past two weeks.

Basically, the time playing\ track length time counters are now showing as time playing\ -track length time .  I don't know if this makes any sense, but if you look at the screenshots by the author and the one I will post below, the second time should be static showing the total track time, whereas I am getting an actual count-down to the end of the track (which I don't really like) and an annoying hyphen which just doesn't look nice.

I've glanced over the XML file (I'm using XBox Music Style) and I can't seem to find how to change this?

Thank you in advanced.

Turns out this was of my own doing, and apparently if you click the time/time remaining thingy in the main player it interchanges between displaying the track length as a static number and the length remaining on the song. Nothing to do with the skin, just my mindlessly clicking about the place.  :P

endeavour1934

XBox Music Style 2 Beta 2
Still a beta because I can't do what I wanted with this Theater Mode (like auto-change the different overlays, or being able to open bio/lyrics without hiding the overlay)

Extract to Plugins\TheaterMode.List
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773406/xb2b2.zip

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a PM describing a bit more about how you want the lyrics/ bio to behave and why it didnt work as expected. I am willing to spend some time looking at that

Also would anyone be interested if the new now playing assistant panel was integrated into the window rather than being a separate window?
Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:02:36 PM by Steven

SimonBRT

nice update, thanks.  been using xbox theatre style ever since i moved from my laptop to a full HD screen. now some nice improvements.

redwing

can you send me a PM describing a bit more about how you want the lyrics/ bio to behave and why it didnt work as expected. I am willing to spend some time looking at that

Have a look at my proposal that I wrote long time ago:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7470.msg61024#msg61024

Also would anyone be interested if the new now playing assistant panel was integrated into the window rather than being a separate window?

If that can be drawn or overlaid on the window, it would make a wonderful addition to TM!

endeavour1934

Have a look at my proposal that I wrote long time ago:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7470.msg61024#msg61024

If that can be drawn or overlaid on the window, it would make a wonderful addition to TM!
That's one option, but there is another one that I think is easier: create a new "gallery" item that reads images from a local folder (or modify the current one with new options), with optional controls to cycle between images (play/pause/fwd/back), transparency, time interval, fade time interval...

This could even allow to have an animated color overlay (like zune), just fading between 2 identical images with different colors., for example.

Obviously your proposal is more interesting, as it allows a lot more things (even configurable layouts), but is also more complex.
Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:07:13 PM by endeavour1934

redwing

create a new "gallery" item that reads images from a local folder (or modify the current one with new options), with optional controls to cycle between images (play/pause/fwd/back), transparency, time interval, fade time interval...

That'd be great if we could display multiple images blended or overlay them over other elements like album cover or background image with transparency control for each element.

Steven

• Administrator
i have added support for floating auto-hide panels which should help with opening lyrics and bio's on top of other elements
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8102.0

endeavour1934

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/Patches/mb_TheaterModePlugin.zip

new onClick action similar to OpenAutoHidePanel(#id), but instead floats the panel above others without closing other auto-hide panels
OpenFloatingPanel(#id)

Thanks! That is very useful!
But I'm having some problems. Here is the config I'm working on https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10773406/xb2b4.zip

- It hangs for a few seconds while it... loads? the background artist pictures, I think. It's more noticeable if you are offline (it hangs for 5-6 seconds every 15-20 seconds). Maybe it's because I have too many items on the config?
- The new OpenAutoHidePanels don't have the pin/close button
- Sometimes OnMouseOverFG color doesn't fill the entire element

Steven

• Administrator
your old skin still loads fast and I havent changed anything for the rendering other than not closing the other auto-hide panels, so you will need to figure out what you have changed that makes it so slow and whether it can be implemented another way

redwing

Working fine for me. Sometimes it takes a while before loading a pic with any TM views.

BTW it would be wonderful if there's a way to automate changing the overlays without having to click on those buttons.
Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:51:53 PM by redwing

endeavour1934

The slowdown is caused by too many overlays. The ideal solution would be to bake all layers on just one overlay. That will take some time to adjust...

And yes, having a way to auto-change the overlays would be awesome...

redwing

The slowdown is caused by too many overlays.

I don't understand. Doesn't it load one, at most, at a time whenever you click a button?