Author Topic: Artist Pictures  (Read 58095 times)

frn_747

Thanks redwing! Took me a while to find out the "Paste artwork" trick but finally made it.
I can live with low quality pics but what annoys me are wrong/missing images.

redwing

You're welcome! Probably I had to mention that command is only visible when an image is stored in clipboard by copying it.

tom_dl

(If there's a web source that provides high-quality square-shape artist pictures other than last.fm, the problem will be easily solved).

Just on this point, fanart.tv has an "Artist Thumb" section under every artist, with all such images at 1000x1000px.

redwing

(If there's a web source that provides high-quality square-shape artist pictures other than last.fm, the problem will be easily solved).

Just on this point, fanart.tv has an "Artist Thumb" section under every artist, with all such images at 1000x1000px.

Yeah! Looks like the site currently has more than 7000 of such pics. I really hope Steven will investigate this option.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah! Looks like the site currently has more than 7000 of such pics. I really hope Steven will investigate this option.

+100 ! :)
Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:56:47 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
unfortunately it looks like htbackdrops.com is no longer available as it hasnt been available for over a week now - there isnt any indication why.
I have applied for theaudiodb.com

Steven

• Administrator
given that htbackdrops.com is no longer available i have replaced it with theaudiodb.com

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

if you do have any high quality artist pictures then please upload them to that site and fanart.tv for the benefit of everyone
Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:17:50 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
good news in that htbackdrops is back but under a slightly different host name:
http://www.htbackdrops.org

i will add it back in for the next v2.2 update of musicbee

travelsoccerkid1

Is there a way to specify where the artist pictures are sourced from?  In MB V2.1, they all came from fanart.tv and were of great quality.  But since updating to MB V2.2, they quality of the artist photos is not very good ... and they're less flattering.  Can I change a setting on my MusicBee so that that artist photos for my theater mode come from fanart.tv?

mrad

Can I change a setting on my MusicBee so that that artist photos for my theater mode come from fanart.tv?

Try ... navigate to ... Preferences > Tags(2) > "auto-tagging" ... "artwork:" then click on the [...] to the right to change order and disable/enable providers. I don't believe it is possible to define your own providers like you can with the LyricsReloaded plugin tho.

travelsoccerkid1

Can I change a setting on my MusicBee so that that artist photos for my theater mode come from fanart.tv?

Try ... navigate to ... Preferences > Tags(2) > "auto-tagging" ... "artwork:" then click on the [...] to the right to change order and disable/enable providers. I don't believe it is possible to define your own providers like you can with the LyricsReloaded plugin tho.
No luck.  Cleared the artwork cache, disabled all but the fanart artwork sources, and then restarted MusicBee but it was pulling artist photos from elsewhere because none of the images displayed in the theater mode were on the artist pages on fanart.tv.  This issue only arose when I upgraded from Version 2.1 to 2.2 ... so that means it must be something in the MusicBee code, right?

mrad