Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496965 times)

weare

This really is a great app Kelsos, I haven't had any issues with it in the 6 months or so I've been using it, on a variety of android phones & with both win7 starter & win8 hosting my library of 40,000+ tracks, I rely heavily on the playlists within musicbee tho, so I'm forced to also use subsonic, are you any closer to adding playlist functionality to the app? I'd love to say goodbye to subsonic...

kelsos

Currently the application is at a weird state, the situation is better on the plugin side as the API is almost done, only minor modifications are required. On the android application I am trying to figure out the best way to implement the new features, I have been doing a bunch of experiments however more work is needed.

phred

• Global Moderator
On the android application I am trying to figure out the best way to implement the new features
I know that your time to work on this is somewhat limited, but a way to exit from the app on the Android side would be greatly appreciated.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

kelsos

I already plan on adding an exit function that will stop the background service and the application :)

phred

• Global Moderator
I already plan on adding an exit function that will stop the background service and the application :)
Great news.  I'll wait patiently.  Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MichaelMusicMan

It would be very useful if I could both browse my Windows MusicBee collection and have access to the playlists I create there in Remote.

Michael

kelsos

frn_747

Hi Kelsos,
just another idea...

Now that Steven has developed a DLNA plugin, it will be fantastic to select the output from the remote so the music can follow you around the house! (sounds like a wet dream  ;))

Cheers. Fran.

kelsos

I have not played around with the DLNA plugin however with an API call provided, It should be easy on my side to add such a feature.

Madmaxneo

This remote is an awesome addition to an already awesome music player. I had been looking for something like this for the other media player I used to use to play music..

I have one request for a feature. How about the ability to search for a "Playlist"? You have search by genre, artist, album, and track. So why not a search by playlist?

Bruce

kelsos

Hello Madmaxneo, I am working on a new version for the remote and I am in the process of adding Playlist Support along with library browsing.

tomann

The status of the plugin is running, but the android app can't connect (manually or otherwise), and says offline. The only odd thing is that the save button doesn't work on the window for the plugin settings (but this could be a different problem, or not even an issue).
When enabling and disabling the plugin I get the following error. Any help would be much appreciated!
 MusicBee v2.3.5188.29316 (Win6.1), 23 Jan 2015 18:04:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.ServiceDiscovery.Start()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Commands.Internal.StartServiceBroadcast.Execute(IEvent eEvent)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Controller.Controller.BgCommandExecutor(Object e)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

ihavnoclue

Tried starting MusicBBee today and encountered an error generated by the remote plugin. Couldn't start the program until I renamed the dll. The error code is below.

I'm also very excited to see the new features I saw mentioned above. They would make the app much more convenient :)

MusicBee v2.5.5395.34984 (Win6.2), 24 Jan 2015 23:37:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.setMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Object optionValue)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.JoinMulticastGroup(IPAddress multicastAddr)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Networking.ServiceDiscovery.Start()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Commands.Internal.StartServiceBroadcast.Execute(IEvent eEvent)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Controller.Controller.BgCommandExecutor(Object e)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

kelsos

The multicast code... OK I will check it later and I will upload a version for you to test if it is fixed.

--Update--
Could you check if you have the same issue with following? an if it is not fixed could you tell me what exactly happens?
https://www.mediafire.com/?h6m5qxhx7ybez5h

--Update II
Note that the above version is a debug version and the log never resets so it will continue to increase in size, if it works for you and you get no issues please inform me to get a new release version out (release has logging disabled).
Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:44:49 AM by kelsos