Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 497120 times)

kelsos

Now i got the same bug that was posted before with the wrong cover showing. It only happens to some covers but i think its not depending on size or anything. When i switch to the album the cover stays from the song played before. only way to get the real cover is restarting musicbee. After you change the song again the cover is wrong again.
Is it possible that the tracks have the same album tag?
Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:51:40 PM by kelsos

kelsos

Guys for those having the rating issue I have created a version of the remote that can log and send the progress of handling the lyrics internally. If you are interested I could upload the build and send you the link to the apk, this one will have to be installed manually after removing the existing version.

Also for those experiencing the cover not updating issue would it be easy to send a 2-3 track playlist somehow with the tracks responsible to try and debug the issue?

eLr0n

If it helps you debugging the app i would try it.

I can send you one song from the album that isnt working that should be enough. If you switch to one of your songs and back to the song i send you the cover should stay the same. My covers are folder.jpg and are not implemented in the mp3 file, so perhaps this is a problem.

kelsos

Oh nice could you include then the cover along with the song?

Ok here is the Debug version link for those experiencing the issue with  the rating not working http://www.mediafire.com/?i6a715y3s8ehscu

First you have to completely remove the installed version and manually install this one, (make sure you check the unknown sources option). After setting it up and connecting try changing a couple of songs (for example one without rating and two with rating) and then try to change rating to a couple of tracks through the rating bar.

This should probably be enough to figure out the problem. Or at least where it is.

After this you can open the menu (it can be either the hardware menu button or the overflow button on the actionbar if exists) and find the option Send Report Log, you could either send me the report here by a PM or mail it to the info[at]kelsos.net mail

-------- Update 1 -----

After checking the log eLr0n send me it seems that the issue with the rating is a plugin issue. I also upload a debug build of the plugin later today to check how things look on the plugin side.

-------- Update 2 -----

For the people having the cover issue, do you remember if by any chance the issue was related changing albums in the list by pressing the previous button and thus progressing in reverse order the now playing list? Because I managed to find such an issue.

-------- Update 3 -----

Here is a version of the plugin to debug the rating issue: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj2x8966yxndq1w
It opens a logging window on start that show some messages.
Try changing the rating for a couple of tracks from the android application and send me the log...
Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:32:35 PM by kelsos

eLr0n

Starting a song with 5 Stars looks like this

10.08.2013 01:12:04: entering rating function with value  and length 0

I found out that retrieving the stars actually works with all full stars. If the rating has "x.5"  0 stars are shown.

Changing the rating doesnt work at all although the log shows the correct values.

10.08.2013 01:16:12: entering rating function with value 3.5 and length 3
10.08.2013 01:15:59: entering rating function with value 4.0 and length 3

Dont now what length 3 means.

Another thing i found while testing this is that it might be a bug in musicbee. Changing the rating with the context menu doesnt always work. Changing the stars directly in the playback control bar works everytime.

For the cover bug. Its possible that this happened while skipping backwards. Did you fix this already in the log release of the app and plugin? Since i installed it im not able to reproduce the bug.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuffling the songs added by "play now"  works in the new version thx :)

Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:48:34 AM by eLr0n

kelsos

length is just the number of characters in the value passed.

ok after the entering rating function did you get any message like this
Code
8/9/2013 11:30:32 PM: rating changed to 4.5 ?
The above message should show when the rating changes properly.
also any kind of exception logged? while changing the rating?

If the cover error was while skipping backwards then I already fixed this.

-- Update 1 --

After checking a little bit the API topic, I just found what I am doing wrong with the rating.
eLr0n is it possible that you use a localization where the decimal separator is a comma?

-- Update 2 --

Later today I will upload an update with the fixes
Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:05:45 AM by kelsos

eLr0n

No the "rating changed" text doesnt show up just the ones i posted

Yeah im using a german localization.

There are no exceptions in the Error Log of musicbee.

kelsos

No worries it was an issue with the localization, in the German or Greek I guess in the case of geokon it expected a comma in the rating however I was sending a dot as a decimal separator, since I usually am on an English US localization I worked properly any way I fixed it I will upload a new release with the fixes either later today or first thing tomorrow morning.

-- Update --

There is a new updated version of the plugin available (0.9.3) containing a number of fixes on issues.
Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:18:06 AM by kelsos

geokon

I just downloaded the updated version of the
 plug-in (0.9.3) and the ratings now work perfect.
Thanks again!

eLr0n

Works for me too.

I think you put the wrong files in the 7zip version of 0.9.3

Only the installer version works for me.

kelsos

I am glad it works and thanks your help in resolving it.

That is weird, there should not be any difference, the 7zip contains exactly the same files used to make the installer. (I did check it right now to make sure and the are the same (version and file size))

eLr0n

kelsos

Version 0.9.6 is available for testing through Google Play, if there are no huge issues during the next few days I will make it a production release.

Alexis

Hi Kelsos,
You have done an EXCELLENT job on this plugin.   Truly a breeze to get this to work and it works Great!

I would like to see the ease of installation noted on the homepage, and I am sure you will do that since the official release is today :)
I realize that the app informs of the steps when one installs the app on their device and tries to launch it, but I feel the first entry on this page should now show this as well.

Truly fantastic work and even a novice can install this now.  THANK YOU!
They are not lazy... just more efficient.