Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496933 times)

eLr0n

Hi i tried the new version.

The app is still crashing when opening the settings. Im using Android 4.0.3

Two improvements i would like to suggest:

1.When youre in Now Playing and Skip to the next song the List does not jump to the new title. You have to go to home and back to now playing to get the song in the List. Would be great to update the list while in Now Playing mode automatically.
   2. When the album cover does not have the same high and width, the missing space is filled white. It would look better if it was filled with black like the rest of the apps background.

The app is so much better in the new version, really great work. Only real thing thats still missing is starting playlists.
So thank you very much for this great app and i hope  you will keep updating it :)

kelsos

Hi eLr0n,
Yeah i figured out the crashing, I will upload a new version soon with a fix,
I will keep it in mind, I think It was the default, but I stopped it because I found it annoying, I will keep it in mind.
I ll see what can be done, the white space is part of the "border" which in turn is the background of the element hosting the image.

Playlist support and widgets are planned for the next major version.

eLr0n

Two more suggestions:

1. When you search for an artist and select play now, its not possible to shuffle the songs. Would be better to add them without the forced order. Then you can decide with the shuffle button if you want to play them in the specific order.

2. Dont know if i'm blind but i cant find an option to quit the app. Once started its always running. Would be cool to add a quit button.

kelsos

The play now issue needs a plugin update, it has been fixed and it will be in the next plugin update, either later today or tomorrow.

No there is no option to quit the application manually. If you search the topic I am sure I already answered this.  The application design philosophy of android does not favor this kind of behavior, on the other hand the the suggested model is that the OS manages the application and when it is needed it terminates an application. 

I can search on how to make the service (core of the application) stop after being disconnected for a period of time if that is such a great a problem. Though this will need some time and testing because I have no idea how it could affect the application.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2033914/quitting-an-application-is-that-frowned-upon

geokon

Hi Kelsos.
The app is now working very good.
The only problem (as far as I am concerned) is that the ratings doesn't work.
 I would really like to be able to change the ratings from the app.
 So I would be very grateful if this issue could be taken into consideration for one of the next major versions.
Thanks.

kelsos

Geo did you update to the latest testing version of MusicBee Remote (0.9.5) and it is still not working?

I tested it both on the 2.3.3 emulator, and a Samsung Galaxy Ace running 2.3.x and it seems to work properly, so I have absolutely no idea on what the problem is since I can't replicate it somehow.

geokon

kelsos
Yes I have update to the latest testing version of MusicBee Remote (0.9.5)
I'm running 2.3.5 on Samsung i9000 and I still can't change the ratings from the app.
Well I'll check further maybe I'm doing something wrong or a setting in MusicBee.

kelsos

If you use the latest version of the remote and the latest version of the plugin it should function. I don't think that there is something to do wrong, it is pretty straightforward.

geokon

Well it's not working for me.
Thanks for your help anyway.

kelsos

Guys anyone else having issues with the rating not working?

I would like to know the exact problem. eg.
The rating bar fails to appear,
the rating bar appears but fails to properly display the existing rating,
or update the rating data when changed etc.

also the version of Android running on your device along with the model, and if you are running a custom or stock ROM. also the
version of the plugin remote would be welcome, in any other case I will assume that both are on the latest.

---- Update ----
In the meanwhile I did some extra testing with MusicBee Remote v.0.9.5 and the v.0.9.2 plugin using MusicBee v2.1.4924, on an HTC wildfire running android 2.2.1 and a Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i running android 2.3.6, along with the emulator running 2.3.3 and the 5 star rating seems to work fine there, properly appearing, and properly displaying the current value, and properly changing and updating the value on the player - and track.

eLr0n more detailed information would be appreciated.
Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:19:02 AM by kelsos

SimonBRT

going to be a way for a few days.  if it still needs testing i will look to see if the ratings work correctly on my nexus 7 when i get back...

eLr0n

The Stars do appear when touching the cover, but they dont show the actual rating of the song. You can change the stars on the phone but they always jump back to zero stars. The stars in musicbee dont change at all.

kelsos

The Stars do appear when touching the cover, but they dont show the actual rating of the song. You can change the stars on the phone but they always jump back to zero stars. The stars in musicbee dont change at all.

Ok thank you for your input. I will create some special build of both the plugin and Remote with logging functionality all over the process of changing the rating so I can figure out the exact cause through the logs since I am unable to replicate the exact issue. Though it will probably not happen before the weekend. Also the apk will probably require manual installation.

eLr0n

Now i got the same bug that was posted before with the wrong cover showing. It only happens to some covers but i think its not depending on size or anything. When i switch to the album the cover stays from the song played before. only way to get the real cover is restarting musicbee. After you change the song again the cover is wrong again.