Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496932 times)

weare

Hi Kelsos,

Thanks for your reply

Within mbremote, from the mbremote menu, I can list all my playlists and from that list I can click the one I wish to play - perhaps the solution would be to highlight, or place an indicator beside, the currently selected/playing playlist?

Regards weare

kelsos

I started rolling out v1.5.1 it should be available to everyone in the following days

It should contain a fix for the artwork cover sync that a lot of people encountered. I had at least two confirmations so far that this fixes the problem.

Hi Kelsos,

Thanks for your reply

Within mbremote, from the mbremote menu, I can list all my playlists and from that list I can click the one I wish to play - perhaps the solution would be to highlight, or place an indicator beside, the currently selected/playing playlist?

Regards weare

I will open an issue and see what I can do.

Pirana

Hi Kelsos! Thank you for your work with this app. It really is the best way I've found of listening to my own music, and a delight too.

I had a question - when looking at the Albums tab in my android phone, I see the albums are not ordered alphabetically. Is there a way to set it to display as such? v 1.5.1

Regards,
P

kelsos

Hi Kelsos! Thank you for your work with this app. It really is the best way I've found of listening to my own music, and a delight too.

I had a question - when looking at the Albums tab in my android phone, I see the albums are not ordered alphabetically. Is there a way to set it to display as such? v 1.5.1

Regards,
P

Hey Pirana,

At the moment the order takes into consideration the artist too. At the moment there is no way of changing the sorting order, unfortunately.
Since this relies on the database code, and I am in the process of fully rewriting the application to use a more modern android architecture, I have postponed this issue until after getting done with the rewrite.

Pirana

Hey Pirana,

At the moment the order takes into consideration the artist too. At the moment there is no way of changing the sorting order, unfortunately.
Since this relies on the database code, and I am in the process of fully rewriting the application to use a more modern android architecture, I have postponed this issue until after getting done with the rewrite.

I see, no problem. It works nicely the way it is already, so it's all good. Would you happen to know any general ETA on when this new architecture version would be done?

kelsos

Hey Pirana,

I see, no problem. It works nicely the way it is already, so it's all good. Would you happen to know any general ETA on when this new architecture version would be done?

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I am doing the remote as a side-project and I work on it whenever time and energy are available. The only thing I know for sure it's that it won't be ready in 2021.

Pirana

Got it. Thanks for your time, and have a nice holiday kelsos! I (and I'm sure many others) are very thankful for your work.

ioomusicbee

Hi Kelos,

Thanks for the amazing plugin. I am having an issue with the Playlists. When I click Playlist in the app I get a blank screen with a spinning ball. I have left it spin for up to an hour but it never actually loads any playlists.

From what I can tell everything else appears to be working perfectly. I can play tracks, access the library nodes, Radio, Lyrics etc. Unfortunately I work exclusively with playlists and have invested many hours into developing them so for the plugin to be useful I really need the playlists to work.

I have "traffic meters" on the phone and the computer and I did not see any network traffic when the app is spinning so I don't think it is actually doing anything.

Any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot or is this a known issue? This would be an amazing new way to use MusicBee so I would really love to get this working.

Here is my system info:

MusicBee Remote app: Version 1.5.1 downloaded from f-droid
Phone: Redmi Note 10 Pro, LineageOS (Android 11)
Musicbee: 3.3.7141 P
MusicBee Remote plugin: Version 1.4.1 from Github.

phred

• Global Moderator
Musicbee: 3.3.7141 P
You're using a pretty old version of MB. You should download the latest portable version from the downloads page on the website. Once you have that installed, apply the latest patch. See my signature for the link and instructions.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Gurk

Hello!

I've been using this app and I must say that I'm so happy to be able to control MusicBee from another room with my Bluetooth speakers. But!
I think I have a pair of problems that I'm not sure to know if they are already available.

The first one is that, after already having the PC and the App connected between them,  the Audio Output List seems to not update when I switch on my speakers and sync them to the computer (even after closing and opening again the app), is there a way to refresh this output list?

The second one, is that I usually like to listen to all my library, but it seems that I can't find that option. I can access the library but I don't see how to play everything.

Probably both of them have already a solution but I don't know how can I do them. Any tips?

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

smellhole

Hi. So, I take it that if I followed the directions and this didn't work - and I've ruled out it being a firewall thing - pretty much right off the bat, then there's not a whole lot I can do to make this work for me?

I have no idea what this means, but the log can tell what song is playing even though the remote doesn't work.

smellhole

Also, does my PC have to be on the wifi network that my android phone is on? Cause my PC is wired, not wifi.

phred

• Global Moderator
Also, does my PC have to be on the wifi network that my android phone is on? Cause my PC is wired, not wifi.
No, but both must be on the same network.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

smellhole

No, but both must be on the same network.
Alas, that is the case, but it's not working. I'll keep at it. Ideas?

phred

• Global Moderator
Alas, that is the case, but it's not working. I'll keep at it. Ideas?
I no longer use this plugin so you'll have to wait for the plugin's developer to provide some help. Note that he hasn't been on forum since last November.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki