Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 496918 times)

kelsos

Using a S7 here. What had me was i did not have my network profile settings turned on. It's the simple things sometimes.

Example:

That is good to know. I wanted for a while now to add some kind of FAQ with common problems/solutions but I already have too much stuff on my plate. It would be really useful though to have an easy to go page.

LuceferCaine

Im the FNG here, and this doesn't seem to be a solved issue. Ive tried to download and run this plugin and nothing conveyed. Is there still an issue with the code? Is there another link?

I am running Android version 8.1.0 kernel 4.4.95 on a Alcatel 7 in tandem with Windows 10

anybody, or anything information would help clear this confusion! thanks!

foxj

To add, before I was able to realize my PC's  network profile setting were turned off there were some other things that were causing problems ...
I also have 2 gateways, the ISP (Comcast) provide GW connected to the internet and my internal GW behind that. Both the phone and the computer need to be able to see one another. A simple network app that can ping the computer running MB from your phone or vise versa. If it fails make sure it can ping other devices on your network. In my case my phone was connecting to the ISP's WiFI and it was forwarding the request to the internet. I tried adding routes to the ISP GW device but it was easier to force the phone to connect to the internal devices WiFi where the computer is connected. It may also help to assign them both static ip addresses instead of DHCP assigned.

Methosan

Thank you for the remote.  I have been missing a remote for years but have just been lamenting the lack of a hardware-based remote, but here we have a software solution.

It just takes a while to (re)connect to the player again once my phone's screen goes dark...

amn1987

Using a S7 here. What had me was i did not have my network profile settings turned on. It's the simple things sometimes.

Example:

That is good to know. I wanted for a while now to add some kind of FAQ with common problems/solutions but I already have too much stuff on my plate. It would be really useful though to have an easy to go page.
I have only one request. Is it possible to add Folder Browser view in the Library? Thanks for your work.

dandepeched

Both the android application and the plugin are open source, licensed under GPLv3 and they are hosted on Github.
The application source code repository is hosted at https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc

The plugin source code repository is at https://github.com/kelsos/mbrc-plugin

You can find the MusicBee Remote android application on Google Play

Hi kelsos! I want to thank you for this plugin and also want to let you know that I've created iOS application based on your plugin protocol.
I used same name and icon to make it consistent for users, hope you don't mind about this.
Application details and discussion can be found in this topic - https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29413

Do you think it makes sense to mention this application on your plugin page and in current thread? If yes, feel free to do this!

Babydoll32

Thanks first for remote app. It works fine so far. But got one problem, when I select a genre, I get no results :/

ms.glug

I don't know if this has been discussed here before but I can't seem to install the plugin on my windows desktop. I downloaded the Android app. Then i downloaded the Windows plugin but I can't seem to complete the installation. It refuses to save anywhere. Any ideas how to solve this?

Fcp

Hello,

I'm using musicbee and his remote for years now and it's always been very usefull and cool. Thank you.

Anyway, I just get a new PC and installed Win10 and everything, but I can't install the remote app on my computer :( I can't click on the "install" button.

And I can't choose the pluggin path of musicbee either :(

Any ideas ? Can I put the remote pluggin files (from github archive) there ?

Thanks
Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:27:14 PM by Fcp

Keepsy

Hi, I was wondering, is there any way of selecting radio stations using the remote control app? I can use it to select tracks from my normal music library, but it doesn't seem possible to select/see saved radio stations?

kelsos

So again until the merge, I got no notifications. I was pretty sure I had them activated they worked for a while and then stopped again.

Sorry, I am not actively checking the forum and tried to rely on the notifications.

Hey Keepsy.

I am pretty sure that the radio stations are supported by the plugin but not implemented in the app, at least not on the release. Unfortunately, since summer I am busy with another open source project and I haven't been able to continue my rewrite efforts with the remote. I still need some integrations with the notification system after the rewrite and also fixing the library functionality before having a working alpha out.

Hey Fcp, Are you using the Windows Store version? or the installer of MusicBee?
If you use the store version, the installation process is slightly different. You have to download a zip from the releases page on github and then you have to go MusicBee's settings and install the plugin using the zip. Unfortunately the installer won't work with this version.

ms.glug the same as above

Babydoll32 there is a huge problem with large libraries, that is also one of the reasons for the lack of updates since 2017. I started rewriting the plugin, then I started rewriting the app, and then things happened and throw my plans completely off.

dandepeched good to know, if you need any help with the plugin or the protocol please feel free to drop me an e-mail. I try to answer on time :) I will try to check the app if I find some less busy moment.

By the way, the most important thing to know, if people have connectivity issues, windows tend to reset the firewall rules once in a while resulting into the app not being able to connect to the plugin. Usually settings the firewall exclusion again seems to solve the problem. This is by far the most common connectivity issue.

Keepsy

Hi kelsos,
I really appreciate your quick reply. I think the remote app is excellent. It really enhances MusicBee (IMO). Hope you get time to implement radio stations at some point. Thanks you anyway.

marine

Hi all,
I just installed music bee remote plugin on my computer and the app on my phone. I had to set the settings manually on my phone because it couldn't find my computer. But still, it's not working... Could you help me with that ? Thanks :)

kelsos

Hi all,
I just installed music bee remote plugin on my computer and the app on my phone. I had to set the settings manually on my phone because it couldn't find my computer. But still, it's not working... Could you help me with that ? Thanks :)

Hey there marine.

Usually, the problem is with the windows firewall not allowing the connection. Can you check that the port where the remote listens for connections is allowed through the firewall?

If that doesn't help I might need some more information though.

marine

Thank you so much :) I just defined a rule for opening the port in the firewall and now it works perfectly ! Thanks again :)