Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 422795 times)

Marvvvv

  • Guest
Thanks for this great App! :)
But I want a new feature. A feature to manage the "Now Playing"-Playlist.

kelsos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 302
It will be implemented in time :D the next version will only have search and remove functionality, and I may check a bit how I could implement reordering... the next part will be implemented later along with the library management...


warheart

  • Guest
Hi,
I want to write a remote app for Windows Phone/RT devices.
I don't want to create a new plugin so I want to ask you if it's ok to use yours ;)
To understand how the communication between server and client works I decompiled your dll and created a simple, quick and dirty prototype but I don't want to use it without your permission.

kelsos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 302
Feel free to use it, I plan on adding more on the protocol in the future, and also there will be a few changes that will probably break part of the play list functionality in the next version  (I will move from titles to indexes) also you can use wireshark and an android client if available to check the protocol. It is xml based.

dr_serious

  • Guest
Doesn't work here. I always used Media Monkey with a remote but the remote stopped working for some reason.
And I got to admit Media Monkey isn't very well :p

My phone is on Wifi the PC is on LAN, both in the same network.
I installed the app from the android market and extracted the mb_remote.dll to the plugins folder.
(there is no mb_remote.dll.config created, dont know if it has too)

At the options of MusicBee: Port = 3000 and address filting= Allow: All.
On my phone i gave the network name of the computer (windows 7) and port 3000
I cant give it an IP because of my DHCP

The phone doesn't seem to connect to the music player.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this?
 

kelsos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 302
I am not sure if another remote application stopped working I would guess that it is some connectivity issue either some firewall blocking or something, any network related change on you windows installation lately?

dr_serious

  • Guest
The network and the PC side is all open and I can't imagine I changed anything. The phone thats another question. Can you block ports on your phone (s2)? Maybe thats the problem, you never know what your phone does when your drunk or in your pocket.

kelsos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 302
Do you use any other applications that connect to the desktop through the wifi?

dr_serious

  • Guest
I used remote VLC a few months ago but after that the media monkey remote still worked. The windows application for media monkey is still running on port 12511. (I also turn off the android app and windows app, no succes)

I'm out of ideas.
Lets try Winamp and their remote, if this doesn't work I can try with another android phone from a friend.

kelsos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 302
Ok when I will return back home I will send you some instructions on some checks that we could use to troubleshoot the connectivity.

alvarorojas4

  • Guest
This, IS PERFECTION.
Thanks for develop something like this. It's amazing :D


schmallo

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
very good! works fine, thanx a lot. hopefully, library search and title enqeue soon will come...
schmallo

SimonBRT

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 434
finally got around to trying this - fantastic!  thanks so much for this, i need never leave the sofa!  can't wait for the next version and library support.  also, and this is a very minor issue, but i am running this on a nexus 7 tablet and there is a lot of dead space on screen with the track title in very small font crammed into the bottom of the screen.