Author Topic: MusicLibraryInTab element 'broken' / preferred bit-depth for image elements?  (Read 6996 times)

jistme

A 'problem report', and a question:

It seems that the image element "MusicLibraryInTab" in my skins is no longer showing in the colors I created them in.
It looks like it now shows a 'generic' picture in all my skins.
Has something changed that might have cripled this?

I edit and save these image elements with paint.net.
I found that when saved with 'auto-detect bit-depth, sometimes they are saved in 8bit, sometimes in 24bit.
What is the preferred bit-depth? (24bit gives smaller files?)

Steven

• Administrator
for 1, it should still be working (and does so in my test just now)
the only reason i can see it not working is if you define the "MusicLibrary" icon afterwards

for 2, i'm not an expert on this sort of thing but i would expect 8 bit to be smaller files and hence smaller skin but i would imagine it would be best to leave it to auto-detect as force setting an 8-bit bit-depth might lose quality

jistme

Untill now I was only using the 'MusicLibraryInTab' element.
When I rename that to 'MusicLibrary' it shows again in my skins. That's good enough for now.

8bits is larger filewise, but the image quality seems a little bit less then 24bits.
I thought 24bits might have to do with transparency, but 8bits icons also show transparency in PaintNet...

So I still don't understand this material very well, but at least I can get things done.