Author Topic: King Penguin skin  (Read 41230 times)

jistme

A little bit encouraged by Bee-liever I made a start to transform a King Penguin into a bee. (or the other way around?)

Maybe somewhat funny, but looking at it I think I would not be using it myself.
Continuing and perfecting it would take a lot of time.
So, unless somebody really likes the idea, and would really actually use it, I will let this penguin die. (sniff)

edit:
Spurred by Bee-liever who wants a southern partner for his Polar Bear, King Penguin is being finalised.

And I added a version with a little less golden & yellow:
(King Penguin toned down)

download King Penguin

edit: new screenshots & toned down version added 15-09-2012
edit: slight tweaks to 'toned down' version 18-09-2012

And his Northern mate by Bee-liever:

download Bee-lievers 'Polar Bear Dreams'

(last update 09-02-2013)
Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 07:08:34 PM by phred

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Looks good.

You nailed the golden yellow tone, without it being hard on the eyes. I'm actually liking this better than Brighter Bee (I prefer screens with a good bit of colour, something you would probably have never known from my own skins  ::)).

Would I use it? Yellow is not my favourite colour,, (I have only five yellow-flowered plants in my entire garden) so probably not, but it would be my first choice out of all the other grey/yellow schemes so far  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

I just had an idea!

You finish your Penguin skin and I'll do one For Polar Bears and we put a series together as
(I can't believe I'm gonna write this)   "My Millencolinny Baby"   :-X

jistme

Apart from the distance, are you sure you would want to bring them together?
http://i.imgur.com/Hdtac.gif

(not being a native English speaker, Millencolin is some punk band, what's the link with the Poles?)

Bee-liever

Millencolin had a song "Penguins and Polar Bears" and
"My Millencolinny Baby" was an extremely bad pun on the jazz standard "My Melancholy Baby"

jistme

Ah, I got the second part, now also the first part.
I'll download 'Penguins and Polar Bears', have a few whiskeys, and then laugh about the joke ;-)
(and will continue work on King Penguin)
Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:13:04 PM by jistme

jistme

beeing good

jistme

Could you check again?
(Sorry, I was doing some quick maintanance)

jistme, the link is dead  :-\

beeing good

Working now!

I think my set up loses the penguin theme a bit:

The assigned buttons are quite hard to read, that's the only issue I can see so far.

jistme

I think my set up loses the penguin theme a bit:
If you refer to the grayish player controls, that's on purpose when selected 'flat' layout.
(to offer a choice for those that don't like brightly colored controls)

The assigned buttons are quite hard to read, that's the only issue I can see so far.

Strange, it looks like currently there are no elements to adjust those colors. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I will post a request for this later on.

beeing good

If you refer to the grayish player controls, that's on purpose when selected 'flat' layout.

Not the player only, just generally. With the tabs on top and the player flat and on the bottom you lose the effect of the penguin a bit. I don't think there's much you can do about that and it still works as a skin, it was just a passing comment really, not feedback or criticism in any way.

Steven

• Administrator
Strange, it looks like currently there are no elements to adjust those colors. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I will post a request for this later on.
i've included
  <element id="Panel.CommandButtonOverride" bg="235,1,135" fg="5,255,255" />
it will be in the next v2 update and included in the final release
Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:55:02 PM by Steven

jistme

Anybody ever told you you're great?

[i've included
  <element id="Panel.CommandButtonOverride" bg="235,1,135" fg="5,255,255" bdr="255,255,2" />
it will be in the next v2 update and included in the final release

jistme

Any feedback welcome means...  ;-)

The problem is I started this skin for fun, but the more I got it to look like Penguin skin (phun intended), by using more color and gradients, the less functional it got (and I'm a sucker for functionality)

So it's created on two thoughts, wich usually isn't good.
I'll await some more response. Maybe an option could be the more creative Bee-liever adopts this Penguin and improves it in a more creative and life-like way, and I'll make a more functional but less 'fun' version?

Not the player only, just generally. With the tabs on top and the player flat and on the bottom you lose the effect of the penguin a bit. I don't think there's much you can do about that and it still works as a skin, it was just a passing comment really, not feedback or criticism in any way.