Author Topic: Feature request: Auto-Hibernate  (Read 5971 times)

Tamirrr

Hey,

I like the auto-shutdown feature and find it very useful, yet I would like to request to add an "Auto-Hibernation" at the end of the plays.

Would really appreciate seeing this new feature in the next build, as soon as possible. :)

Thanks in advance,

Tamir.

Steven

• Administrator
the auto-shutdown feature supports turning off or sleeping the computer, and that includes being triggered at the end of a playlist

Tamirrr

Yeah, I know that already, and am very grateful for that. Yet, I would find it useful to also have an option to hibernate at the end of X (Playlist/track/elapsed minutes). Is that possible?

Zak

• Global Moderator
Impatience is a sure way to have your request ignored.  8)
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
i am not adding new features at this point and will need to wait until after the current version is released

Tamirrr

Hello again Steven,

I saw the current version was released a few days ago.
So, I wonder if there's any chance this little option would be added in the next version.  ;D

"I like the auto-shutdown feature and find it very useful, yet I would like to request to add an "Auto-Hibernation" at the end of the plays."

Some of us don't like the sleep function (as it still keeps the computer running, which slowly eats its battery), and yet wouldn't want the computer to be completely shut down. Hence, we have the Hibernate (Hybrid Sleep) option, which allows the computer to save the session to the HD, and then shuts down. The next time it is switched on, the system restores the session. Quite useful indeed.  ;)

Regards,

Tamir.

Iasc

Hello again Steven,

So, I wonder if there's any chance this little option would be added in the next version.  ;D

"I like the auto-shutdown feature and find it very useful, yet I would like to request to add an "Auto-Hibernation" at the end of the plays."

Some of us don't like the sleep function (as it still keeps the computer running, which slowly eats its battery), and yet wouldn't want the computer to be completely shut down. Hence, we have the Hibernate (Hybrid Sleep) option, which allows the computer to save the session to the HD, and then shuts down. The next time it is switched on, the system restores the session. Quite useful indeed.  ;)

Regards,

Tamir.

the way it generally works with the wishlist is that if enough members give a +1 then the request may get implemented. if no one is else is interested its best to let it go. i made a request for a stop playback feature to be added to the auto shutdown feature a while back but no one else was interested. not every request can be implemented so best to leave sleeping dogs lie.

Tamirrr

Hello again Steven,

Regards,

Tamir.

the way it generally works with the wishlist is that if enough members give a +1 then the request may get implemented. if no one is else is interested its best to let it go. i made a request for a stop playback feature to be added to the auto shutdown feature a while back but no one else was interested. not every request can be implemented so best to leave sleeping dogs lie.

Bear in mind that as for the example you gave, you can perform the actions for the autoshutdown - stop you requested with the already existing option:
- For an auto stop after current track there's an option (Under "Controls" -> "Strop after current").
- For an auto stop after playlist you can simply turn off the repeat function.
- For an auto stop after elapsed minutes... Now that's tricky indeed.  :P

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait.

Iasc

it wasn't quite that simple what i was requesting, here is the post not that it really matters anyway. http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7547.0

Steven

• Administrator
although it says Sleep infact it tries Hibernate first and if that fails (because i windows needs to be configured appropriately for hibernate to work) then it sleeps the computer.
@iasc - i will do this in the new year
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:16:45 AM by Steven

Tamirrr

although it says Sleep infact it tries Hibernate first and if that fails (because i windows needs to be configured appropriately for hibernate to work) then it sleeps the computer.
@iasc - i will do this in the new year

Wow, Steven! You're the best. I didn't even try this as the course of actions requiring me to actually use that Hibernation setting doesn't allow me to check the computer until the following morning. Thank you so much.