Author Topic: Management of internal/microsd storage on devices.  (Read 3026 times)

Sheamus

This is related to this topic: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6722.0
But as I'm effectively looking for new functionality I thought I'd post here.

I have a Sansa Fuze running rockbox, and I've just added a 32gb MicroSD card to its 8gb of internal storage. Musicbee is great for allowing me to set sync options for both, and the rockbox database is able to deal with the files on the respective drives seamlessly. But it can't handle the relative paths in the playlist so well. For example, the playlists copied to internal storage are recognised without a problem, but it can't see those on the sd card.

I have a couple of suggestions that might make it easier to get round this problem, and hopefully solve the requests for merging/synchronisation of the different drives. Of course I have no idea how practical or possible these are, so I'm open to correction. I may also be the only one for whom this is a problem.

1) Would it be possible for playlists to be saved to a different target? Example: my sansa internal storage drive is "V", and the card is "U". If I could save my "U" (card) playlists to "V" (internal), it means rockbox could recognise them. I would see this as being a  manual override, that issues a warning like, "you are about to save to a different device. Are you sure you want to continue?"

2) This may already exist within MB's functionality, but beyond my abilities. When MB copies my playlists to the device, the file path is \Music\Album Artist\Album\track.flac etc. This works fine in rockbox if the files are on the internal drive, where rockbox is located. But obviously it cannot find the files if they are on the sd card, as it does not know the beginning of the filepath. Would it be possible to have an option to insert a specific location at the beginning of the path, i.e. \<microSD1>\Music\Album Artist\Album\track.flac etc. I know this can be done through find/replace in notepad, but it becomes very cumbersome if numerous playlists have been updated.

Thanks, hope all of the above is relatively clear.

TeutonJon78

This would be extremely helpful for Rockbox and a Sansa device.

Edit: Nevermind, I think it's already in there
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:43:14 AM by TeutonJon78

beeing good

I have almost the same set up as the OP except I have a Clip+ and I've been wrestling with using playlists on it in Rockbox. I found that if I put the playlist on both drives then I can play them even when files are split on different drives. I manually copy the playlist file over to the Clip and SD because when I drag it across in MB or use right click>send to it attempts to copy the files over again in to the playlist directory.

There might be an easier way to do all this but this is the way that works for me so far.