Author Topic: mystery tracks I don't own were added to library  (Read 1176 times)

dlasky

I am compiling tracks from my childhood (the 70's).  One of them is ABBA's "Dancing Queen."  I know, I know.  Anyway, I noticed that not only was Dancing Queen in my library, but also listed were the other tracks from the album it was on.  I only own the one track.  When I click on the other mystery tracks, only Dancing Queen plays.  If I highlight and delete the mystery tracks, Dancing Queen gets deleted with them even though it wasn't selected.  So somehow this is linked to that one mp3.  On my computer, Windows Explorer only shows Dancing Queen in my list of tracks; MusicBee seems to think I own the entire album.  Help!  This isn't happening to any other song in my collection.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like there's a cue file around somewhere, maybe embedded.  If you open the tag editor, does it mention a cue file under the artwork?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dlasky

Yes!  Under the tab "Tags" it has a button for "Edit Cuesheet."  The mystery tracks are listed there.  Editing the cuesheet screws up and/or deletes the main track, so now I have a new problem.