Author Topic: Greater control over album playing settings.  (Read 3490 times)

browm77

Example scenario:  If I play the third song on an album, it will play the entire album and then play songs 1 and 2 before playing the next album in my playlist.  Is there any way to make the album not return to songs 1 and 2?  I would prefer that it plays the next album instead.

The reason for me disliking this wraparound is that sometimes I stop a playlist (either because I close MusicBee or quickly listen to a song on another album).  When I start playing where I left off, however, the entire album plays again.  In a way, it's impossible to completely start where one leaves off.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think Musicbee did not originally wraparound to play earlier songs.  Can you either change this back or allow me to change this in my preferences?

Thanks!
Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:54:08 PM by browm77

ma_t14

Just wondering, you say the next album plays, does that mean you have shuffle by album enabled?

EDIT

I cant reproduce it, what settings do you use?
Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:34:28 AM by ma_t14

browm77

Hi.  If you were to right click on the play tab, I have both "shuffle randomly" and "shuffle tracks by album" ticked.  Under preferences, I have selected "random" and "group by album."

Under the play now list (in preferences), I have both "If playback is stopped" and "when tracks are playing" as PLAY NOW.  Under "'Play Now' action: I have "clear list and play all tracks" selected.  Nothing else under under the "now playing list" is selected other than "highlight playing track" "and scroll it to the main panel."

Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure what Play Now means... Perhaps part of my trouble has to do with this?  I tinkered with the other options, but I couldn't figure out how to fix the problem.

As I mentioned before, I'm pretty sure some of the playback settings changed in one of MusicBee's more recent editions (perhaps as far back as version 2).  If there is a way to set the preferences to fix my problem, I'm not sure how.
Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:00:05 AM by browm77

browm77

Digitally remastered *bump*

I still believe that this is an important change, but I've received few replies.  Perhaps my prose was confusing.  Here's a picture of my settings:

Earlier today, I accidentally clicked on a song (on a currently playing album) that had not yet played yet.  When I immediately returned to the song that was accidentally cut short, the entire album played again (meaning: after the album's last track finished, it started playing the opening tracks until it reached the one I returned to.  Only then did it play the next album in the playlist).  I find this annoying not only because it forces me to listen to the first half of the album again, but because it automatically resets my playlist--admittedly though, replaying the whole playlist is by far a lesser concern.  I would be happy if only the first problem were fixable.

Is there a way to set MB such that once an album's final track ends, it starts playing the next album?

birdman541

Try ticking, Prune played tracks and set the, Keep the last 0 tracks. If you have multiple albums selected in Now Playing List they should play one after the other and not repeat.  Is that what you want to achieve?

Steven

• Administrator
I believe you are asking the behavior be changed when shuffle by album is enabled, that MB plays from the current track to the end of the album, and instead of wrapping to the 1st track of the current album it instead goes to the next random album and plays from the start from that.
I dont want to add more settings as this sort of thing is quite obscure and the setting wouldnt mean anything to people who hadnt read this.
Unless anyone objects i think its ok to make this change.

browm77

Yes Steven, that's exactly what I'm asking.  I get the sense that most people listen to random individual songs, thus this change wouldn't affect them.  Also, it just seems intuitive to me (if thinking in terms of a tangible cd/record) that once you start from half-way through it would only go to the end.  If you wanted to hear the album again you'd play it again or put on another album.

Am I mistaken in remembering that MB used to do this in version 1?

Steven

• Administrator