Author Topic: Behaviour in bookmarking  (Read 5044 times)

Greb

This is not a bug, neither exactly a wish. I wouldn't know in which forum to post it. So do it here.

I find the bookmarking behaviour, well, a bit strange. I'm using it now for language studying. And bookmarking becomes very useful sinceit allows to bookmark the beginning of a reading and listen to it again and again.

But here comes the strange thing: if I double click in the bookmark, I would expect MB to go to bookmark. But it doesn't behave this way: it just keeps playing from the same point I stopped it. So I double click the bookmark to go back to the bookmarked beginning... and it doesn't!  Wouldn't be more logic to go to the bookmark when you click in the bookmark???  ???

And a second thought: when you bookmark, you bookmark the beginning, so the second time you bookmark MB thinks that you're stablishing the end of the previous bookmark... if you want just to bookmark a point to play from, but you don't want to create a end of the loop (just the bookmark so you can go back to it), but to bookmark another point to start from in the audio file, it becomes a bit confusing...
Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:03:26 AM by Greb

Steven

• Administrator
the way you describe the 3rd paragraph it sounds like a bug but i cant reproduce that behavior
could you give me a set of steps?

Greb

the way you describe the 3rd paragraph it sounds like a bug but i cant reproduce that behavior
could you give me a set of steps?

Shit, I'm sorry, I forgot it. Don't worry, if nobody more had this problem it's surely something wrong I did. And I'm having other problems too, so probably I have to reinstall some moment.

Anyway, I'm using VLC for language learning instead, that has quite a 'slow down' system.  :)
Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:39:22 PM by Greb