Author Topic: Jistme on the Outlook skin  (Read 30801 times)

jistme

One (last?) more skin, with a look and feel I was yet missing in the current offerings.
Office 2010 users will notice this skin is a complete and shameless rip-off from loosely inspired by Outlook 2010, which has a very good interface imo.

Enjoy, comments and suggestions for improvements welcome.
----------
The new and latest version (for MusicBee v3.x only):
download Jistme on the Outlook 3.x

----------
Tip:
Be sure to check out a very nice modified version of this skin that forum member phred has created: 'Phred on the Lookout'
It has less 'bright whites', and could probably be considered a bit more 'modern' looking.
Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:09:21 PM by phred

lnminente

That's very nice Jistme!! Still needs to be polished, I see some green stars in album and tracks view, and bg in Panel.StatusBarControl.Highlight needs to be changed.

By the way, i STRONGLY recomend you using variables for an easier maintaining and creation of new similar skins.

jistme

Starting to drive me f.c. (it, not you ;-)

It's looking perfectly o.k. on my setup:

I'm not sure if I'll start to learn that variables stuff.
Once these few skins I created are satisfactory for my personal use, and I get no more suggestions/comments from others I'm gonna leave it at that.
We don't want this skinning thing to become a real hobby do we?  ;-)
(costing me much more time than expected to get it all near-perfect)

That's very nice Jistme!! Still needs to be polished, I see some green stars in album and tracks view
By the way, i STRONGLY recomend you using variables for an easier maintaining and creation of new similar skins.

Steven

• Administrator
i havent looked at this but if its the same as your other skin, its when the Album Rating in the Artwork layout or with the album cover in the Album & Tracks view (as opposed to the Track Rating which you have displayed)

jistme

Thnx, fixed that.
I would have wanted to also change the fg value that I have in that element too, but that doesn't do anything at all? (in my setup at least...)

[/quote]
bg in Panel.StatusBarControl.Highlight needs to be changed.

jistme

Thnx, got it, and uploaded fixed version.

i havent looked at this but if its the same as your other skin, its when the Album Rating in the Artwork layout or with the album cover in the Album & Tracks view (as opposed to the Track Rating which you have displayed)

lnminente

Fixed, thanks. I report you some more things in case you like them:
-Active tab is darker than the ones in background, it can be confussing, usually the active one is lighter than the others.
-The toast or notification popup has the colours from your dark theme. That's why variables are in help when creating new skins and are very easy to add. Just search that colour value and change it for a name: I use ground, ground+1, ground+2, ground-1, ground-2, selected, selected-1 for differencing layers like a topographic view.

VX

The skin is quite nice, thanks for sharing  :) I can see room for improvement though.
When the Tag Editor is in Floating Window, the menu bar colour is inconsistent with the rest of the skin (blue):

It seems exactly the same as in Jistme the NightBee skin. I suggest you could change it to Dark Blue (just like Save/Close buttons in the tag Editor) for the Outlook skin.

IMHO, this could be improved for the NightBee skin as well.
Note that white letters are hardly readable on the beige background of the menu bar in the tag Editor. The same applies to the 'Selected Tags' command in the Duplicates Manager.

Otherwise, it's fine, but I'll post some feedback if there is something to improve  :)

jistme

Thnx for the good feedback VX.
All adjusted accordingly.

When the Tag Editor is in Floating Window, the menu bar colour is inconsistent with the rest of the skin (blue):
It seems exactly the same as in Jistme the NightBee skin.
Otherwise, it's fine, but I'll post some feedback if there is something to improve  :)

jistme

jistme

Updated.

- Added customized colors for the wave bar. (v. 2.1.4702 or higher required)
- Several small improvements
Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:45:45 AM by jistme

jistme

Updated
(support for new spectrum visualizer in Now Playing panel)

hiccup

This skin has been updated.
The download link has also been updated in the starting post of this topic.

Changed:
Under MusicBee v2.x it was not behaving very well with custom font types and sizes for the player info panel.
That should now have been vastly improved, and the skin is now also up to date for 'MusicBee v3demo'
(which is in development and in alpha stage at this moment of writing)

Please feel free to comment, be it good or bad.

hiccup

Update:

A completely new version of this skin was added.
(designed for MusicBee v3 only)

The older versions for v2 are still available.

Download links to be found in the start post.

hiccup

updated

(and probably final for MB v3.1)

the download link is in the startpost