Author Topic: Command line parameters  (Read 16704 times)

Steven

• Administrator
when running musicbee from the command line, the following parameters are accepted:

/Play xxxx
/QueueNext xxxx
/QueueLast xxxx
/PlayPause
/PlayResume
/Next
/Previous
/Stop
/StartAutoDj
/OpenCompactPlayer
/OpenMiniPlayer
/VolumeDown
/VolumeUp
/PlayLibraryShuffled

where xxx is a file, a web url, a folder, a cuesheet or a playllist

lnminente

I'm looking for a way to start MB playing the last song from the last position without pressing the play button but i have found a strange behavior. So i'm using Preferences\Player\Audio player\On Startup: Resume position and tried with the following command lines:
-With PlayPause it only produces music for about 300 miliseconds and moves to the beginning of the song. It's like stop, play, pause. I don't get what is this for, is for start buffering some streaming?
-With PlayResume it only start playing if i was playing a song the last time i closed MB. If i paused it before closing, then it starts paused.

If these behaviors are intentional, then i propose the usual /play without a following path, to always start MB playing some music. TIA!

Will Pittenger

Can I start a radio station with /play?
Will Pittenger

sveakul

when running musicbee from the command line, the following parameters are accepted:

/Play xxxx

where xxx is a file, a web url, a folder, a cuesheet or a playllist

Will Pittenger

I know that.  But are radio station names accepted?  I figure a filename/path would work, but I don't know the path.
Will Pittenger

sveakul

No, you need the URL.  For example,  for the station Wildcat--Gothique you need to use the path http://144.217.253.136:8535/stream

Do you already have the radio station added to MusicBee?  If so, right-click "Edit" on the station entry, and whatever is in the "stream url:" box is what you want to use.

Will Pittenger

OK.  That may be what I do.  Thanks.
Will Pittenger