Author Topic: Ghost Files  (Read 3245 times)

pitypot

I have a large wma library that I only want to use MusicBee to interact with it. When I make changes to folders, the next time i reboot my computer, there are ghost files with ! next to them. I don't why and I don't know how to round up all those dead links to get rid of them enmasse. Thank You.

OwnDog

probably moved or renamed those files.

from the toolbar select Tools ==>Tagging Tools ==>Other 'Files to Edit' ==>Show Dead Links then ctrl A  then highlight any or all.

that should save you some time but,

from Toolbar==>Edit==>Preferences==>Library then select and mark the box "Remove Dead Links on Startup"  Apply & Save

Also

From Toolbar==>Rescan/Add files  on the right hand side of window first box "Remove Dead "Links"

hope that helps

pitypot

Thank you. That worked. I figured the tools where here to fix it, I just didn't know how to get to them.

psychonaut25

None of those three things worked for me.  "Show dead links" yields zero results, despite the fact that I have tons of dead links.

phred

• Global Moderator
When I make changes to folders, the next time i reboot my computer, there are ghost files with ! next to them. I don't why and I don't know how to round up all those dead links to get rid of them enmasse. Thank You.
Assuming the changes to the folders are things like renaming, if you were to do that from within MB, you won't wind up with dead links.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
None of those three things worked for me.  "Show dead links" yields zero results, despite the fact that I have tons of dead links.

This would happen if the missing files were on a drive that MusicBee can no longer access.  In that case, you might be able to sort by Path to get all those files together.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)