Author Topic: Double-click albums to play them in Artwork view  (Read 6948 times)

Sigma

In the regular Artwork view it would be nice if there was an option to double-click the album cover to immediately start it playing, ala MediaMonkey. Could this be considered for a future version please? Thanks.

ma_t14

In support of this request,

the only way to achieve the behaviour described by Sigma is to enable "show album tracks at the bottom of the main panel". While I think it makes sense to open a separate album & tracks view when the grouping is by artist, I see no reason why a double click should open the album in album and tracks view when grouped by album.

So what I propose is to make the double-click-to-play only applicable to the grouped by album view
Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:31:30 PM by ma_t14

Zak

• Global Moderator
Weird. I thought if "Switch to Album and Tracks layout when drilling-down viewing the albums for a selected artist" in the configuration panel wasn't checked it already did work the way. Now I can't actually see what that checkbox does - maybe it's broken.  :-\

If I'm mistaken and this is a new feature to be implemented, I think it should be optional. Otherwise there will be no way of selecting individual tracks in Artwork view without enabling the "Show album tracks at the bottom of the main panel checkbox". Kinda important to still be able to do that, especially for compilations. As per my suggestion in another thread, perhaps double-clicking an album cover with the Alt, Shift or Ctrl keys held down could Play the album, Queue it next or Queue it last, respectively.

For now, if you hover over an album cover, a Play button that appears that will let you play the whole album, but being able to double-click the album cover would provide a bigger target.
Bee excellent to each other...

Sigma

For now, if you hover over an album cover, a Play button that appears that will let you play the whole album, but being able to double-click the album cover would provide a bigger target.
Yep. That's one of the reasons why I want this feature. The second reason being that double-clicking the album to show all track on the album is something I would never do.

SimonBRT

i would just like to voice my support of the current behaviour.  while this is a reasonable suggestion, personally i like the behaviour as it is whereby double-clicking drills down to album and tracks view.  that play button that appears on hover over is really very easy to hit when i simply want to play the album.

Sigma

i would just like to voice my support of the current behaviour.
There's no need to do that. I asked for the option to do this, not to make this the only way things are done.

Steven

• Administrator
i've added this as an option in the Artwork Layout settings panel

Sigma

i've added this as an option in the Artwork Layout settings panel
Excellent! Thanks a lot. :)