Author Topic: Highlighted track to follow what's actually playing  (Read 3558 times)

Audio Ad

If I click on a track in a playlist this gets the blue highlight but when the next track plays it doesn't highlight it and only ever stays Highlighted on the track that was first played. It would be good for this to follow what's being played instead of just the speaker icon.
Home Of Soul, Funk, Boogie & Sometimes Hip Hop
http://www.audioadmusic.com

Alexis

go to edit/ preferences/ nowplaying  and check both:   Highlight playing track
 and Scroll to it in the main panel.

(I think this should actually be the default setting as that is the behavior I would think most people expect by default,  but obviously it is not)
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Audio Ad

Thanks for that! I think it should definitely be implemented as default too.
Home Of Soul, Funk, Boogie & Sometimes Hip Hop
http://www.audioadmusic.com

mikebo

go to edit/ preferences/ nowplaying  and check both:   Highlight playing track
 and Scroll to it in the main panel.

(I think this should actually be the default setting as that is the behavior I would think most people expect by default,  but obviously it is not)

Maybe the first option should be the default setting, but definitely not the second. Say you're just scrolling through the library in the main panel and at some point the song changes and you're forced to jump back to that song. I think that would be very annoying and not something anyone would expect.

Another suggestion i would make is to keep the playing song in the middle of the list if it's possible, so that you can easily see what was played and what's coming up next.

Steven

• Administrator
i believe the first one is on by default and the second is not for the reason mikebo said (although i appreciate iTunes users might expect otherwise)