Author Topic: Android MTP  (Read 10594 times)

richardap1

When mounting my android phone (ICS) I get to storage paths /GT9100/phone and /GT9100/card. Both of these are viewable by windows but in MB it auto selects the first (GT9100/phone) Unfortunately there isn't any space on this for music, I use the card for that.  Does anyone know how to get android to use the only the SD card? Or get MB to allow the option to select the alternative path?
I have tried turning MTP off, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
in the device sync settings panel, can you not just change the default music files path to the one you want it to be?

richardap1

It doesn't appear to a text field. The only options are to change the location under that storage path
 I have a feeling it is still appearing as a mtp device and reporting the root oath
Will look again when I get home

richardap1

I have just got in and had a look.

Here is the settings for the device

I can't edit the storage path. I am assuming the device is telling MB about this.

Here is the device

There are two root storage path. I can't get the phone to announce the second path (Card)

Steven

• Administrator
in music files, try putting the full path
GT-i9100\Card\Music\<Album Artist> etc
i think that should work but i agree the storage path should be editable

Steven

• Administrator
i've added support for multiple storage folders on a device but my device only has one so i cant really test it properly. If anyone is willing to help out with this let me know

Steven

• Administrator
i will post a link later tonight

Steven

• Administrator
in the device settings panel, this should show a selector box with the available storage paths.
Just choose one, and remove that path from the music files path if you had added it yesterday
hopefully all files should sync to that storage path

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/Patches/MusicBee.zip

richardap1

I tried this this morning and it does see both storage locations fine. I transferred some music but it generated a lot or errors, but that seemed to be my phone disconnecting the card rather than anything MB was doing

EDIT
I will do some more checks when I get back from London tonight

richardap1

OK. Sorry it's later than I thought. I have tested again and all seems OK.   MB detected both storage devices and swapping between them copies to the right one.  Ran a test with about 100 track and all copied fine
Thanks