Author Topic: BeeFanatic: Learning Theater Mode Modification  (Read 67684 times)

Alexis

Mommie!!!!  Help.  Lol.   I honestly appreciate you testing them out to make sure they are working properly.  Thank you so much for your patience.  I will try some more.  It may just be related to borders for the items, but have no idea why the lyrics thingamajiggy  ??? would disappear. 
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

HHM

it's fun for me - but sorry for being pain in the ass...
UPDATE: Now Playing Assistant works, "has lyrics" signature still missing:)

HHM

another btw - "has lyrics" was working ca 1-2h ago, so IF you happened to modify the download link since that time - this might be solution for indicator not working

Alexis

No, I have not done anything to it since my last image update...which was hours ago.

Oh no, you are not a pain.  I am really happy that you are testing  it out and I am learning.  Maybe we can learn on this thread together.

I am unable to figure out how to control the 'up next ' item.  But was able to limit how far over the song title goes.  I also changed the  has lyrics to a red no lyrics alert for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2i919z0tzfzamit

Here is the second  version I was making the changes in before committing to the main one, maybe you can see something.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?r0zam7rqc2natew

I think my next step is to start fresh from one of Steven's in order to get what I have here, because they seem complete including the scaling, so may just  try to build on one of those.

I changed the topic to learning as it really reflects what I am doing, so users beware :)
Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:36:16 PM by BeeFanatic

Alexis

Steven,

I think i am going to start this project over, because the work you have just updated has the elements I have been looking for.
I  always wanted the thing to be screen and i found mine started getting  crowded.

I would still like to make use of the NO lyrics highlight and I have an idea of doing that  (Since I like the transparent strip, I will put small a block on it that is not transparent and this way, only  the word 'no Lyrics' will be seen when there are no lyrics.   .. and by default I want t keep  the lyrics sidebar hidden.  I also want to give some indication that the nowplaying assistant is available by clicking  on something. 

So... I will 'try' to attack that later.

Steven

• Administrator
set the autoHide element
... fg="215,215,215" fg2="255,255,255" allowPinning="true" autoOpenLyrics="false" resizePictures="true or false as appropriate"

you cant have the lyrics not displaying and auto-opening, but the user can keep the lyrics open by clicking the pin icon

HHM

BeeFanatic, Got some fun with one of your 2 recent files (don't remember which one) and now Lyrics indicator is working (not vivid when no lyrics, appear with lyrics), also made some order with fonts (now Open Sans everywhere except for lyrics where I left Arial as more consistent) and heights/levels of title/time/etc lines

What is still left is title's length limitation (so it was your file witout it), but as you wrote, you've managed to fix it:)

DOWNLOAD: http://i.minus.com/1333826251/yUplaP7EhEjXRP_XN1esbQ/dbgI0qhQvzpz3O.xml

Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:43:10 PM by HHM

HHM

(here "Lyrics" appear when lyrics available, indication "Lyrics" gets invisible when no lyrics. Think it's most logical)

HHM

((ok, now with some lighter artists pics I see that when no lyrics, the indicator only gets black but not invisible/transparent))

BUT we are close!
(at least I'm close to what will be perfect for me;))
Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:34:15 PM by HHM

Alexis

I do like what you did, thank you.. and agree with  the brevity in terms of playlist.  Unfortunately, I am not able to see the lyrics label at all, and yes, the upnext text, when it is long is still overlapping.  or me to reproduce what you had in terms of the overlapping problem, I had to make the player unusually small.

This does not happen with Steven's theme, so I  think I am currently trying to hijack his and make it ours :)

See if you can.  Start with his artist picture style.   I am going to use small text for teh upcoming song like he did, because they really should not get that much attention.

Alexis

I have a hard time committing to the idea of saying Lyrics.. because I would think that should be a given for all songs.. and when you see 'no lyrics.'  it indicates probable action on one's part to correct it.   if that does not  seem logical to you, then I will  go with your perspective.  I am making headway on utilizing Steven's style and I am pretty happy this far.   I am having one  little problem that I  may need his  help on, but working on it some more.

Alexis

Try this out!   I left the upcoming area red so you can see the  sections.  If there was no lyrics, you will see, NO lyrics... if there is lyrics,  it is hidden in a little black bar..  

Download is here:  http://www.mediafire.com/view/?d6wxgmmsacaysnx

Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:40:46 AM by BeeFanatic

HHM

I unerstand your concerns but will stay with your previous pattern modified to my needs. One request - could you please tell me how to implement title legth limitation?

Alexis

I could not figure out  that title length limitation in the older setup, and  there were other inconsistencies that I could not figure out, , so I simply  re-did the previous pattern  under Steven's new baseline...  That red area in the example above  shows how he controls it (It can be changed to blend in as if it is not even there).... the upnext is limited to that red area and then the title text  is limited to being left of the progressbar.

<element type="Field" id="Title" xAnchor="Picture.Right" x="15" yAnchor="Panel.Bottom" y="-88" widthDock="X:ProgressPosition.Left" width="-10" font="Arial" style="Bold" size="13" fg="250,250,250" ></element>

So this limits the title text to the right:    widthDock="X:ProgressPosition.Left" width="-10"

This setup has enablescaling set to true, which the others did not.

Anyway, if you want an Identical 'looking' copy of what I did before, I can do that (but i think that you can do that too).  Just make sure there are no bugs in what I have up already and I could then build on that  (I made some changes locally, but feel no need to share them at this stage).  I feel I am pretty much finished and that I have learned what I  wanted to.  I hope you feel the same.

I learned that  each item has a point of relation, and the more stable  the points are, the more stable the item will be. 

You have really helped me tremendously and i appreciate it.  I also appreciate Steven's idea for us to do this in a thread like this.  I am more than willing to accommodate you with any further efforts you make at learning this stuff.  It was fun!

Alexis

Hovering over  lyrics brings up lyrics Bar.