Author Topic: BeeFanatic: Learning Theater Mode Modification  (Read 67685 times)

Alexis

Modifications of great work by Steven and Greb

Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:34:50 PM by BeeFanatic
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

HHM

Where did you get this theme with lyrics from?

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
yeah, that's pretty snazzy
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Alexis

It is from the latest update to theatermode.  I just made mine transparent... and allowed the image to go all the way across.
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:15:09 PM by BeeFanatic

Alexis

This is my modification of the work done by Steven and Greb.  The Lyrics pane autohides.    In current view, if the mouse cursor goes to the middle of the screen or so, the it would disappear.  Absolutely brilliant thinking by Steven imo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n6xe0fgq6xmuve3
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:26:24 PM by BeeFanatic

HHM

this one is close to perfection!!:)
do you mind sharing your mod of the Theatre Mode?

HHM

Steven

• Administrator
can this conversation be done under another topic please, as it just clutters up this thread which intended just to show the end results that people may be interested in

Steven

• Administrator

HHM

:)

as I written in another thread - BRILLIANT!
My remarks are:
- Title "Lyrics" is unnecessary as it only takes space (I mean - you know that you have lyrics there:) - so I got rid of it modifying your version)
- I'd like album art much bigger (300x300 f.e.) but as it's my very first time with xml I have problems with changing it so that cover wouldn't change it's position against left and bottom borders
-is the pics rotation turned off in it? I saw in the last Steven's plugin mod that he changed the source of pics from Flickr to Last.FM. But it doesnt depend on .xml file, does it? (and - how to change pics rotation mode?)
-my suggestion is (I'll put it in the main Theatre Mode thread as well) to have lyrics panel automatisation so that it only appears when the track has lyrics

thx a lot!
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:48:20 PM by HHM

Alexis

Thanks Steven....  I will remove one of the images to help the flow.  Can you bring over the image with  Norah Jones? As that would  justify the flow as the first post.

Alexis

:)

as I written in another thread - BRILLIANT!
My remarks are:
- Title "Lyrics" is unnecessary as it only takes space (I mean - you know that you have lyrics there:) - so I got rid of it modifying your version)
- I'd like album art much bigger (300x300 f.e.) but as it's my very first time with xml I have problems with changing it so that cover wouldn't change it's position against left and bottom borders
-is the pics rotation turned off in it? I saw in the last Steven's plugin mod that he changed the source of pics from Flickr to Last.FM. But it doesnt depend on .xml file, does it? (and - how to change pics rotation mode?)
-my suggestion is (I'll put it in the main Theatre Mode thread as well) to have lyrics panel automatisation so that it only appears when the track has lyrics

thx a lot!

1.  I  agree with you  regarding the album art.  I pondered that forever, because it actually looks nice being small, but I spent so much time working on  my album art that I would not mind displaying them bigger.  I will do that.
2.  The album art rotation I think is not implemented as yet.  I  think it is only on place for landscapes.. at least I have not seen it for anything else.
3.  I debated the thought/idea of lyrics title being redundant, which is why I made it small.. I will remove it.
4.  I like the lyrics automation idea, but the fact that  it only shows up on hover is cool, because a lot of times, if u do not have the lyrics saved, it shows 'no lyrics' for a while and then populated later during song play.

So will do these sometime today

Steven

• Administrator
the artist gallery is in the "Artist Pictures (Gallery from Flickr).xml" file

<element type="Gallery" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-280" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="255,10,10,10" fade="0.0" interval="15" tags="artist" ></element>

HHM

2.  The album art rotation I think is not implemented as yet.  I  think it is only on place for landscapes.. at least I have not seen it for anything else.

2. The default "Artist Pictures (Gallery from Flickr)" from Steven's "TheaterMode_Plugin.zip" has the rotation (now from Last.fm despite the name), unfortunatelly I'm unable to lacate what's responsible for this function.

UPDATE: Steven just put the solution in post above:) (though I'm still fighting with implementing it:)) Thx, Steven!

3.  I debated the thought/idea of lyrics title being redundant, which is why I made it small.. I will remove it.

3. My skills let me do that:) But I think it's reasonable as letting save more space for song's lyrics. So if you agree, do that for other users.

4.  I like the lyrics automation idea, but the fact that  it only shows up on hover is cool, because a lot of times, if u do not have the lyrics saved, it shows 'no lyrics' for a while and then populated later during song play.

So will do these sometime today

4. So maybe it would just appear when the lyrics are populated? I mean:
if you don't have lyrics saved anyway, hovering over lyrics field will show you "no lyrics reult" though lyrics' download from the internets is pending.
To be more precise - when lyrics are not saved, now you hover over and see "no lyrics" (then you can wait and hover again or do some lyrics downloading stuff etc).
With automation you do nothing: even if the lyrics are not saved, the lyrics box will finally appear when MB gets lyrics from the internet (in the middle of the track - but it's the same as in the current solution)

5. If the automation could and would be implemented, what we'd need is some option (a button f.e.) to hide lyrics box as we not always need to sing along:)

In current view, if the mouse cursor goes to the middle of the screen or so, then it would disappear.

6.  Think the cursor autohide is not working.

Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:15:50 PM by HHM