Author Topic: MB Doesn't See iPod  (Read 15913 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Steven...

It's been a couple of months since I sync'd my iPod Nano (4th gen) with MusicBee.  Currently using v 1.2.3649.15061 and it doesn't see the device.  I've tried connecting the device first and then launching MB and visa-versa.  I've rebooted XP and had the same results.  Windows sees it with no problem.  When I try to configure the device I get an "Information" window stating "Please plug in the device you want to configure first."  I had one instance today where the left panel showed the device section (but no particulars) and I was able to get to the Device Settings screen from the Preferences window.  But the device itself was never identified in the left panel and at this point I'm stuck.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

This is now getting a little weird --- while the device is still not showing in the left panel (nor is the device section) MB is seeing it to the point that it shows up in Device Settings and I can make changes.  In addition, if I select tracks and click on SEND TO DEVICE, it appears to copy them. 

And while typing this, the Devices section just appeared in the left panel.  But it's empty.  The device doesn't show up.  And yes, the little triangle is pointing down to 'expand' the (invisible) list.
Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:40:44 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i upgraded the iPod.dll files in late october so if you didnt get that it then here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?uizyjnyyzog

other than that, i cant think what would have changed to cause this - i'm not having any problems with my iPods.
However its not just a case of windows seeing the device, there also has to be certain iTunes files in specific locations for the device to be recognised as an iPod.
If you still have problems i will need to give you a debug version (also check if there are any errors in the error log around the time you connect the device with MB running)

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the speedy reply, Steven.

I already had the new iPod DLLs, but I overwrote the existing with the files from the link you provided.  The files matched what was there, but after a restart of MB, the iPod is now showing up correctly and syncing upon MB launch.  I don't know if we were experiencing sunspots or something along those lines, but if it happens again tomorrow, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here