Author Topic: New plugin: Ghost files! Can API provide? Suggestions needed!  (Read 28189 times)

e-motiv

• Allow for an extra parameter/option in the delete confirmation dialog? In my plugin this would be  "[checkbox] keep a ghost file"one level deeper under the existing bullet (remove from computer).
    Probably you could display your own confirmation dialog after user confirmed deletion from computer?
    That's true. Didn't really think about that (together with a possible plugin "always ghost file" option in "Options").  Though it's not that user-friendly.  But if too much trouble, that will work, yes.
    Still leaves the delete notification of course.
      Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Steven

• Administrator
    for the next v2.2 update i have added these notifications:
            FileDeleting = 25
            FileDeleted = 26

FileDeleting (and RatingChanging, TagsChanging) will be synchronous meaning you can be sure you receive the notification before the file is deleted (rating/ tags changed) but it needs to be used carefully in that any slowness in your plugin will be blocking musicbee itself. The other notifications are asynchronous.
    I will make a link available in the next day or two

e-motiv

Double thanks, Steven!
    (Double since I guess the ratingchanging being synchronous will also solve my "speak back" plugin problem.)

(I am a bit busy right now, but I'm sure to implement it soon.)
      Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

e-motiv

Hello Steven,

I am ready to test. Any idea when you'll put the 2.2 update?  (No pressure, just to plan my things.)

e-motiv

Thanks for the RatingChanging, TagsChanging, Steven!  I could finally update my speakback plugin.  Great!

This specific plugin( Ghost files) will still need the deleting notifications, but I suddenly had to stop developing back then, so it will just have to wait a bit, but I will use it!

Frunk

I realise this is very dead, but I thought I should point out the download button links to spam-loops. A shame. This seems like it would be good for me.