Author Topic: On mouse over show side panels  (Read 38501 times)

lnminente

I welcome the option of disabling the panel auto-opening. Having the windows taskbar at left make it easier having the mouse near to the calling auto-open area. Thanks!

Did some testings, and is working so good. If i have to say something the only thing rare i see is related with the right click:
-Some menus are not clickable because they are farer than the buffer of 50 pixels.
-Right clicking an empty space and going out tends select the element in that line, changing the actual tab/view in main panel.

Anyway i intend this panel mainly for left clicking, so should we disable the right click options there enabling only the auto-open toggling for simplicity?

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed it so it doesnt close when the right click context menu is open beyond the 50px barrier and it now pops out the entire left sidebar rather than just the navigator tree (ie. includes library explorer and artwork if enabled)

For editing the location text, you can right click. I appreciate thats not necessarily obvious but i think its more important to have the whole bar clickable to open the left sidebar. Maybe i will display a prompt on the status bar when the mouse is over the location bar to advise right click to edit.

Analien

The panel doesn't open when I'm about to drag & drop a tune in a playlist.

Steven

• Administrator
i've implemented support for auto-opening the left panel when drag/drop is initiated from within musicbee.
Its in the next update

edit:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:10:11 PM by Steven

burns274

thanks for adding this so quickly Steven! That's great. Works very well.
Just donated something.
+1 to add this for the right side bar too!

just one small bug: Drag&Drop from the right sidebar Now Playing list doesn't work.

Steven

• Administrator

jlarrym

I have disabled the auto-open and would be happy to turn it back on again. I would "open it from the location bar & untick the disable", but I have no idea where to locate the location bar. I would appreciate any guidance as I think this is a great feature.Thanks.
+1 for the right side also, if possible and time permits.   

Steven

• Administrator
the location bar is at the top of the main panel along with the navigation buttons and text search box

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it so the setting can also be unticked when the left panel is un-collapsed, although i think that is slightly confusing as it has no relevance for an uncollapsed panel

SimonBRT

using the update above (2.0.4508) i find that the left panel now only opens with the mouse in a very specific area.  a few pixels to the right of the screen edge rather than just pushed to the screen edge itself.  i assume this is not intentional?  (its very fiddly!) sorry if i have missed something earlier in the thread.

Zak

• Global Moderator
I've just updated to 2.0.4508 too and mine still works fine when MusicBee is maximised. Just throwing the cursor at the left side of the screen shows the left panel.

-edit-
Not sure what I changed, but mine is now like SimonBRT described above too. Sorry. :/

Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:43:56 PM by Zak
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
using the update above (2.0.4508) i find that the left panel now only opens with the mouse in a very specific area.  a few pixels to the right of the screen edge rather than just pushed to the screen edge itself.  i assume this is not intentional?  (its very fiddly!) sorry if i have missed something earlier in the thread.
i have to say this is getting a bit painful. I have put it back so vertical tab docking also has a 3 pixel buffer rather than hard against the window border. Anyone not liking that should disable this functionality using right click/ Disable Panel Auto-Open
Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:08:37 AM by Steven