Author Topic: Virtual tags not visible/editable in Tag Editor?  (Read 5057 times)

jistme

In tag editor you can see and edit 'custom tags'.
'Virtual tags' however are not shown there.

Maybe add a tab named 'virtual tags'?

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
But they're not a real tag are they? Information is stored within MB rather than the audio file from what I understand of them
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

jistme

That's true,

But I think that shouldn't mean they can not be seen/edited in MB tag editor?

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
No- I agree as long as it's in a field somewhere that's separate and maybe with a small note explaining what V.T's are
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Zak

• Global Moderator
But I think that shouldn't mean they can not be seen/edited in MB tag editor?
Erm, actually it does.  :P

As greenday1987 said, Virtual Tags aren't real tags and the information isn't stored with the track or anywhere else. It's only calculated at the time it needs to be displayed or used (caching for performance reasons notwithstanding). As such, not only does it not make any sense to have a Virtual Tags tab on the track editor, but it wouldn't even be possible, especially once you have a few conditional functions in a single tag.
Bee excellent to each other...

jistme

So if I understand correctly; a virtual tag is always a result from a reference defined through 'preferences', and not a specific value which can be entered and has a fixed link (within MB) to a specific track.

paq

So if I understand correctly; a virtual tag is always a result from a reference defined through 'preferences'...
That is correct.

...a specific value which can be entered and has a fixed link (within MB) to a specific track.
This is more how you could describe Custom Tags.

boroda

You can copy (dynamically calculated) virtual tags to custom tags and display custom tags in track list instead of virtual tags and/or edit custom tags in tag editor.