Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 211819 times)

Steven

• Administrator
here is an example file i created for testing with a left sidebar (although the name assigned is #RightSidebar)
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/zz.xml

if you still have problems send me your file

you cant create a topbar and i really want to be moving off this plugin now, so it would need to wait until i revisit this again

i have had no problems with the lyrics and it uses exactly the same function as the main player panel, so are the lyrics already embeded or are they being downloaded

Greb

Yeap, sidebars placed at the left side work OK. I was using a left sidebar for the list of songs and a right sidebar for the lyrics. The problem came with the sidebar placed at the right.

Steven

• Administrator
i made a shortcut in the code so it only fully supports one sidebar. I will have a look and see how much effort it is to support 2 sidebars

Greb

Steven

• Administrator
could you send me your file (with the 2nd sidebar)

Steven

• Administrator

Greb

Thanks. It works OK. Just one thing: the moment the background changes the panels are opened of closed both of them, but no way to keep one opened and one closed.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are referring to the sidebars closing when pictures change from a rotation folder then this update should fix that (as opposed to downloaded pictures changing which should already work fine).
Also its a bit smarter about how it remembers pinned sidebars on restart where there are multiple sidebars
Also has a couple of other bug fixes

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip
Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:14:56 PM by Steven

maiden_freak

I cannot get this plugin to work at all. I have the latest version of MusicBee (2.0.4467) and I zipped the files into the correct folder as follows:

c:\program files\musicbee\musicbee.exe
    c:\program files\musicbee\plugins\mb_TheaterModePlugin.dll
    c:\program files\musicbee\plugins\mb_TheaterModePlugin.dll.config
    c:\program files\musicbee\plugins\TheaterMode.List\
    c:\program files\musicbee\plugins\TheaterMode.List\Default.xml

I also "unblocked" all files in properties after being download (gotta love Windows security features) and when I open MusicBee I get the following error:

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005 Parameters 0x75E95874 0x75E95874 0x75E95874 0x75E95874

The program crashes shortly after. Any ideas? I have done everything as indicated to install it and cannot determine why this is happening.

Steven

• Administrator
see the instructions on the first post. I doesnt look like you applied the patched version of musicbee

maiden_freak

In the end it always something stupid on my part. It works beautifully now. Thanks!

Alexis

In the end it always something stupid on my part. It works beautifully now. Thanks!

I can truly relate to that!
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alexis

I obviously  enjoy the theatermode view.  

Question:
Is it possible at all, without going through my windows  screen timeout option each time, to have this thing keep my monitor awake when it is in theatermode?  I really like having that view up when I am walking by.

Thank you for the  check mark next to the currently selected theatermode.  Kept forgetting to ask for that.
Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:28:22 AM by BeeFanatic
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Greb

if you are referring to the sidebars closing when pictures change from a rotation folder then this update should fix that (as opposed to downloaded pictures changing which should already work fine).
Also its a bit smarter about how it remembers pinned sidebars on restart where there are multiple sidebars
Also has a couple of other bug fixes

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip

The new patch works perfect  :)

One suggestion (though I know you are just a bit 'ras le bol' about the theater mode!). There is a program, not really a very good one, but with wonderful interface: http://klarita.net/muso.html

This is a cap of the interface (though when I installed it could look much better. I uninstalled long ago). I think you should take a look to it.

Integrating last.fm, amazon reviews, more albums from the same artist, similar artist in the theater mode coul lead to something really nice.