Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin  (Read 211742 times)

Alexis

I love the Theater Mode as screensaver because it allows me to see all my great album art at a huge size (presently set to 500 min and 700 max).

Thank you so much for posting what you did and how!  I Really like it so used your settings.  My only other change is using a different wall paper and doubling the progressbar height.   I spent so much time getting high resolution album art, that I am glad I am able to take advantage of that.

I also realize I have a word Wrap issue on long song titles  if I make the Window too small (But I think that this should be expected as this  is not a design meany to me small, but just making note just in case)
Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:57:26 PM by BeeFanatic
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
i can see the progress bar should fill the left side of the circle. Also i will add a "square" and "diamond" button style attribute

tompeto

Hi.
It would be great if lyrics were displayed in Theater mode.

Alexis

I was  debating reporting that.  This is how it happens:
If you  change the track position, or  when you initially switch from  main player to  theatermode, while the  track is playing.  So in a sense, it highlights where you made a change.

Another thing.. the album art does not show for lastfm streams while in theatermode  (autodj)

+1 on lyrics option.

Steven

• Administrator
Hi.
It would be great if lyrics were displayed in Theater mode.
thats not so straight forward so i'm not sure whether i would probably not do this in the current iteration of changes

Steven

• Administrator
#8. Bug: Rating, RatingAlbum and RatingLove does not show at all in the latest version unless they're used as child elements. Applies to both Theater Mode and Screen Saver. Using MB 2.0.4467.
Can you send me the xml you use for those fields as i cant reproduce the incorrect behavior and see no reason from the code

paq

#8. Bug: Rating, RatingAlbum and RatingLove does not show at all in the latest version unless they're used as child elements. Applies to both Theater Mode and Screen Saver. Using MB 2.0.4467.
Can you send me the xml you use for those fields as i cant reproduce the incorrect behavior and see no reason from the code
This simple xml works with the previous version but in the latest no element is shown:
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root>
<settings enableScaling="false" />
<element type="Field" id="Rating"      x="200" y="200" fg="255,255,255" ></element>
<element type="Field" id="RatingAlbum" x="200" y="400" fg="255,255,255" ></element>
<element type="Field" id="RatingLove"  x="200" y="600"  ></element>
</root>

Steven

• Administrator
updated plugin:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/TheaterMode_Plugin.zip

you must update musicbee.exe for the plugin to work with new API calls
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

- new elements to support an artist picture background and a block element to increase the contrast so text displays more clearly
Code
<element type="ArtistPicture" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-2" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" fade="0.3" ></element>
<element type="Block"  xAnchor="AlbumCover.Left" x="-15" yAnchor="AlbumCover.Top" y="-15" widthDock="X:Panel.Right" width="-330" height="390" bg="210,0,0,0"></element>
see: TheaterMode.Settings(ArtistBackgroundPictureExample).xml in the download pack
- the fade attribute between 0 and 1 dims the artist picture
- the Picture element is now called "AlbumCover" but you can keep using "Picture"
- it now shows album covers that are downloaded from the web
- progress bar button now has a style element which currently includes: Round and Diamond
Code
<element type="ProgressButton" style="Diamond" width="12" height="12" fg="250,250,250" ></element>
- if a field element has child elements of text and fields, and none of the child fields has a value then nothing displays (this so you dont get: from "" if there is no album)
- when playing radio station streams, no progress bar displays and no upcoming tracks are displayed
- it now supports multiple settings files which display in the MusicBee view menu - see http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6041.0
Code
TheaterMode.Settings.xml
TheaterMode.Background.jpg
TheaterMode.Rotation\
TheaterMode.List\
    xxxxx.jpg
    xxxxx.xml
    xxxxx.Rotation\
    yyyyy.jpg
    yyyyy.xml
    yyyyy.Rotation\

so when a TheaterMode.List folder exists the Theater Mode menu would open a list of choices
Theater Mode ->
    xxxxx
    yyyyy
Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:21:42 PM by Steven

Alexis

Thank you Steven.  Works great for me.. the  issue you mentioned  with the progress bar has been resolved on my end of course.  And last.fm  stream now has album art :)

A link of the result is over here:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2258.msg34239#msg34239

Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:51:46 PM by BeeFanatic

phred

• Global Moderator
This module has really grown into quite a nice piece of work.

However, with the latest "double theater mode" update I'm having a problem invoking it manually - either with the hotkeys I set up, or via the menu bar.  I can get it to kick in once, but once I return to MB, I can't invoke it again without closing MB and restarting.  It appears that this is only happening if I have the rotationPeriod set to EndOfTrack.  If I set the rotation for 60 or 300 or any other number, it works as expected for manually invoking.
Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:31:42 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator

Greb

How do you get the artist picture not faded at all? (even with fade="0" it fades it)

BTW, is it possible to make the artist picture rotate?
Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:18:33 AM by Greb

Greb

And another thing (sorry for double posting). Would be it possible to use backgrounds from internet the same way artist picture is used?

I'm thinking, for example, in something like using flickr or picassa with a keyword (as, for example, 'landscape').

awt67

Need a bit of help.

Everytime I try to enable theatre mode Musicbee crashes. Any ideas on how to stop this?

And please keep answer simple i'm not very savvy on complex coding thanks

Alexis

Need a bit of help.

Everytime I try to enable theatre mode Musicbee crashes. Any ideas on how to stop this?

And please keep answer simple i'm not very savvy on complex coding thanks

Are you using at least version 2.0.4469 as noted above?   In musicBee, Click on  help, then about, and note the version.