Author Topic: Grooveshark Integration??  (Read 10339 times)

abhinavsays42

This may be asking for too much, but is there a possibility to integrate grooveshark with musicbee, just like last.fm?

Steven

• Administrator
they have an API and when using it require that an advertisement and logo is displayed, so i expect it would be possible.
But what value do you see musicbee adding over and above the web player they already have?

abhinavsays42

Usually i have to switch from grooveshark to musicbee all the time. i discover music on GS, download them and then listen on MB. if they were integrated it would make the whole thing easier since musicbee is  better for music management. and a desktop client is better than a web app. I know softwares like groovewalrus does that.
Last fm is great for discovering music but we cannot create playlists. that's a big drawback.
also, if there could be any way to enable downloading it'll add as a bonus. softwares like SciLor GS downloader, groovedown and grooveshredder (firefox addon) can download music using GS's database. but i'm not sure about how licenses issues work.
but even without download option, simply streaming from GS and creating playlists would be great.
BTW GS's radio feature is almost as good as any other (except maybe last.fm). it is much improved from what it used to be.

Steven

• Administrator
i have applied for an API key so lets see if they approve it

disposition

Steven

• Administrator
it still hasnt been approved yet but they will only allow this for GrooveShark anywhere users

abhinavsays42

ok i guess that should be useful for a lot of people.. but not me, sadly...
anyway here's one thing you could consider doing. while streaming tracks from last.fm could it be possible to flag a track (or mark as favourite or something like that) so that it reflects in the play history as flagged track? this way i can remember which song i'd liked. because currently the tags of a streaming tracks cannot be edited.
right now, when i stream from last.fm and i like a song i have to manually note the song name and artist in notepad so that i can download later. is there an alternative way with which this could be done within musicbee itself?

anyways, thanks a lot steven for this absolutely wonderful app.

Steven

• Administrator
could you not just use the last.fm track love functionality?

abhinavsays42

the last fm functionality can be used but the 'love' status is not reflected in the play history in musicbee. it is updated on my profile on last.fm though. and thats enough to serve my purpose.

alex

I don't know if this thread is still alive... Sorry if it's not. But I wanted to say that I'd love to see grooveshark + musicbee. Something similar to Clementine, but the MB way :D

Alainn

Deezer has a good looking API as well: http://developers.deezer.com/api/ Very interesting since they offer unlimited access for the coming year. The only crappy thing about htem is that their playlists are limited to 200 tracks.