Author Topic: 'screensaver' playing view mode for HTPC plasma/lcd displays  (Read 74375 times)

jistme

The corruption shows in a way that when displaying the default picture, the visualizer ment for the default picture is displayed but frozen, and the visualizer from the previous picture is showing.

In the screenshot: left bottom (orange) should be active and moving but is frozen, and the (green) one at the right bottom is the one from the previous picture is still showing and active.
Seems to be some kind of a refresh problem?

Steven

• Administrator
did you do the test i suggested? As i said, it is exactly the same code so the problem is likely to be something about your setting file

Steven

• Administrator
i have an idea what it might be (nothing to do with it being the default file) and will look at it tomorrow night

jistme

Tried that, the problem seems to be somewhere in that region.
I found and corrected two [spaces] that were different, but that gave a somewhat other kind of corruption.
(a part of the visualizer moved, and a part didn't  ???

I edited the xml files with notepad++.
Is that o.k. or is that not suitable, and could that maybe create problems?

phred

• Global Moderator
updated:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/ScreenSaver.zip

i fixed a silly bug that seems consistent will all the reported findings (but i cant test myself to be 100% sure)
No change for me.  It still has the same behavior as I reported earlier and paq confirmed.  But like paq, I can live with one monitor active if this is going to cause you to start pulling out your hair.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

paq

The only things that change since my previous post with the newer version is this:

When invoked manually (by hotkey):
* If monitor="2" and otherMonitors="blackout"
-- On the contrary from previous test, monitor 1 is now black and monitor 2 is active. Otherwise the same.

When MB has focus and is invoked by Windows screensaver timer:
* If monitor="2" and otherMonitors="active"
-- On the contrary from previous test, monitor 1 is now black and monitor 2 is active. Otherwise the same.
* If monitor="2" and otherMonitors="blackout"

paq

I found a bug. RatingAlbum shows quite many more stars instead of the correct rating.

For example if I play an album with a rating of 1 star, 20 stars are shown. With a rating of 2 stars 40 stars are shown. It seems to match the actual album rating that can be found in the tag inspector.

One question: What does "scale", true or false, do for the SpectrumVisualiser?
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:00:16 AM by paq

jistme

1. Is it possible to create a text return when very long song- or artist names don't fit the screen?

2. Is it possible to create a 'center' (or 'centre'?) align function?

Steven

• Administrator
No change for me.  It still has the same behavior as I reported earlier and paq confirmed.  But like paq, I can live with one monitor active if this is going to cause you to start pulling out your hair.
i will create 2 virtual screens so i can simulate this otherwise i am never going to get to the bottom of it

lynott

I "patched" the latest screensaver update, and now it is disabled in prefs. When trying to enable I get an error message telling me to use the latest version of Musiccbee.  I use the latest from the beta 2 thread, and everything worked fine prior to updating the screensaver files.

Greb

One proposal.

The screensaver, with the option to rotate backgrounds, is just great, BUT... (there's always a 'but'  :P)

There's plenty of nice clear backgrounds out there (Deviantart has hundreds). With all of them, the screensaver looks like that:

It's difficult to read the title or the singer...  :(  (and there is backgrounds much clearer!)

The proposal is... why not having a secondary file 'ScreenSaver.CLEARBACKGROUND.xml' that is just applied to clear backgrounds?

Changing the font colour, it just looks like that: (the xml file with colours changed is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vm6wq5qmvk4lsik )

How to know that a background is clear? Well, it could be showed in the name of the image. So, for example, any background that needs dark fonts can be renamed as 'PictureName.CLEARBACKGROUND.jpg', that tells MB 'hey, don't use the normal xml file, use the alternative one'  :)
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:52:03 AM by Greb

Steven

• Administrator
One proposal.

you can assign each picture a specific settings file, which might change the colour of the text or position to better suit the picture
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:15:36 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I "patched" the latest screensaver update, and now it is disabled in prefs. When trying to enable I get an error message telling me to use the latest version of Musiccbee.  I use the latest from the beta 2 thread, and everything worked fine prior to updating the screensaver files.
you cant be using the latest MusicBee.exe version - its here:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Greb

One proposal.

you can assign each picture a specific settings file, which might change the colour of the text or position to better suit the picture

Didn't know it. Great!  :D