Author Topic: 1.2 Beta Whishlist  (Read 20811 times)

Steven

• Administrator
- '.lossy' added to filename when encoding using lossyWAV
- and lossyWAV parameters can now be overriden

it will be in the next update but i need to do some more testing so should be tomorrow night

Steven

• Administrator
i've added support for synchronised lyrics in the latest 1.2 beta

Antonski

Steven,

Would you please add (at least) one more field for custom web link in track information layout?
Now I already have two (bnr metal & encyclopaedia metallum) and finally I found a way to use allmusic, so I'd like to add it as well.

Thanks

Edit:
Thank you for synchronized lyrics support, I'll check it till tonight.

Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:29:34 AM by Antonski

Antonski

Also, can you add a possibility to configure a second program as external application (Preferences -> Services)?
Usually I send the file to mp3tag, but sometimes I'd like to open it in hex editor.
Thanks.

Antonski

i've added support for synchronised lyrics in the latest 1.2 beta

I've found a problem with updating an mp3 file already containing unsysnced lyrics (id3v2.3 with USLT tag). These lyrics were shown in lyrics panel fine. Then I opened editor, checked 'Update Lyrics from Web', then checked 'synchronized lyrics' and pressed the button for tag retrieving. The synced lyrics were found, then I pressed 'Save changes'.
It appeared that these synced lyrics were written under the same tag USLT, i.e. unsynced tags were overwritten. In the lyrics panel still the unsynced lyrics were displayed, although in the Lyrics tab of editor they were updated with timestamped ones.
After the next restart MB started to display the lyrics as synchronised (centered and with highlighting) although they were saved in USLT tag (that's fine, there could be wrongly saved tags).
The problem is that synced lyrics are not saved under a new SYLT tag and unsynced lyrics are lost.
I haven't test yet another file types.

Steven

• Administrator
yes i overlooked the autotagging of lyrics, so no prob to fix on the weekend. For other formats, they all use the same tag 'LYRICS' whether synched or not (but reads from 'UNSYNCEDLYRICS','UNSYNCED LYRICS' as well) - i think that should maximise the compatibility with other players and mp3/id3 files are the only format that has a standard that distinguishes synched from unsynched. Also when reading synchronised lyrics are automatically detected by scanning for timestamps in the text
Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:57:09 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
i've fixed the autotagging synched lyrics bug
http://www.mediafire.com/?kmlmjkhwznw

this also includes 2 extra custom web-links and changes the handling for blank values in the track info panel - now instead of showing say 'Unknown Year' it will just skip it and show the following display fields in its place
Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:19:35 PM by Steven

Antonski

- '.lossy' added to filename when encoding using lossyWAV
- and lossyWAV parameters can now be overriden

Two problems here (v.1.2.3678):
 - '.lossy' is not added when File Converter invoked from context menu (Sent To -> Format Converter)
 - converting to TAK not possible (with or without lossyWav):

18.12.2009 13:00:16 - 5.1.2600.196608 - 1.2.3637.37778 - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\power\Local Settings\Temp\tmp5AF.tak'.
File name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\power\Local Settings\Temp\tmp5AF.tak'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   at #=qutFjMvLj05_aX2NNM_aJPZUOQ5tNRTTBVY_tOjaY4A_o$AyPVfdikK1mMoYSHjkE.#=q7Jt_RFKKP3Ja3SVmT11cAQ==(#=qltKwbA8EX7$vfgvCWbTndw4u9XsvqqWKlg5wId5i3ZbsTb978WydmrvIEsiPShUp #=qBbWV$e0URNSnfSN0gYjO4g==, #=qHljrdtP3I8_G_ZYn2eAsHXRZ_BRBFq0kmnxpd$1jCzo= #=qmV9X4SQdOs1J4R1yb1gJvg==)
   at #=qJGnyaD_VA2zPqzinb4wwMW7d2aFq6OiWcieLKtk09xJEAK9dnJ13xZRp1$n41B2Z.#=qo79T5eNOGYgjIz1M3ub0$Q==(#=qltKwbA8EX7$vfgvCWbTndw4u9XsvqqWKlg5wId5i3ZbsTb978WydmrvIEsiPShUp #=qJ6bPOk6hfTdHGHBDYUtJhQ==, #=qHljrdtP3I8_G_ZYn2eAsHXRZ_BRBFq0kmnxpd$1jCzo= #=q2FdG$lw_e8Ij93i$9OqwnQ==)
   at #=q4SPYDhidHOPs2MuKRg7oisLQyCaatkA9KFSJG8tb0ATvfzrvCWyMoZflNB47Waui.#=qtTzw11eOWG9OfU$5bxFtyQ==(#=q6DgOqzXhf0YTIZyYlqFQ_A== #=qgNdDpJMDg3rVyLHBQe2EEg==, #=qltKwbA8EX7$vfgvCWbTndw4u9XsvqqWKlg5wId5i3ZbsTb978WydmrvIEsiPShUp #=qw0mciKBJlTPOPFWQhC8D7g==, #=qHljrdtP3I8_G_ZYn2eAsHXRZ_BRBFq0kmnxpd$1jCzo= #=qSzYczjY74HyEApiRaLemaA==, List`1 #=qkdSKKtrZwpqr80WR8hlTLw==)
   at #=q4SPYDhidHOPs2MuKRg7oisLQyCaatkA9KFSJG8tb0ATvfzrvCWyMoZflNB47Waui.#=qcpHJgXAosZ1Eyp67h$uMUQ==(#=qltKwbA8EX7$vfgvCWbTndw4u9XsvqqWKlg5wId5i3ZbsTb978WydmrvIEsiPShUp #=qc1jFgl2Qj8o$qfsSpZ7AkQ==, #=qHljrdtP3I8_G_ZYn2eAsHXRZ_BRBFq0kmnxpd$1jCzo= #=q5hkvWJdBFDJHM6PEqu4Jeg==)
   at #=qPqSawmCQsousJjzj3eYYo9CnrwjUxJvF01Wkt9kqknA=.#=qnG6GdabvYKjrQwPSWu5lS9cZKJnvy9_1M_iXoDOoG9w=(Object #=q4hFQJw3IjCf6HIzvacDKUg==)

Steven

• Administrator
for the first are you just referring to TAK for the .lossy being added to the filename - its fine for me with FLAC and WavPack (and TAK with the fix below)

for the error message, it turns out the order of parameters matters otherwise no encoded file gets produced - just change it to:
-e -p2 -fsl512 -ihs - [outputfile]

with the p setting as required. I'll change the adjustment to the parameters made by MB when lossyWAV is ticked so the parameters are in the correct order
Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:53:52 PM by Steven

Antonski

OK, TAK encoding is working with this arguments, thanks.

About missing '.lossy' suffix, I found something strange (by accident):
 - original track with track number: '01. CD Track 01.wav' -> '01.lossy.flac'/'01.lossy.wv'/'01.lossy.tak'
 - original track without track number: 'some other track.wav' -> 'some other track.flac'/'some other track.wv'/'some other track.tak'

So, maybe auto adding '.lossy' will work with CD Ripping, however I cannot figure out how to do it in MB. It doesn't work for converting of wav files without numbers, though.

Steven

• Administrator
well spotted! found the problem and hopefully this should fix it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjzkqkozwyn

Antonski

Amazingly fast!

Yes, fixed for files without track numbers in the filename.
However, if the filename starts with a number followed by a dot (e.g. '01.'), the rest of the filename (i.e. track title) is just replaced with '.lossy' (instead of adding '.lossy' to the filename). I believe you can easy fix this as well.

Steven

• Administrator
i've tested it with and without a '.' in the filename and it should work now:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wzj0ohjyzdu

Steven

• Administrator
i moved the file converter problem to the bugs section

Antonski

Hi Steven,

can you add an option to configure a custom cli converter to encoding profiles? And, if you find it useful, an option to see the command prompt output (for debugging purposes)?. If we had these options maybe it would be easier to catch the problem with freezing lossy.flac conversion?