Author Topic: Alternating Playlists...  (Read 8417 times)

Steven

• Administrator
its needs to be reasonably short and sound ok for "New XXXX Playlist"

although "DJ Playlist" might not instantly convey what the type of playlist is, I think its interesting enough to prompt people to check it out and i think reflects what this type of playlist is.
Welcome disagreeing opinions or further suggestions

jlarrym

1. Since there is already a Auto DJ playlist, I would possibly have a little concern of having another "DJ" named playlist.

2. While reviewing cartman005's  statement "I understand the Radio Playlist name though, because it is like you are creating your own radio station of sorts." I thought of the name, Playlist Radio, which might be less misunderstood and yet be discriptive .

SimonBRT

i realise that it may not be the most intuitive, but i actually quite like radio playlist as a name.  i mean, thats how i use them, stick one on and then forget about it.  its a good name.

VX

I like DJ Playlist - short and intuitive. Radio Playlist is completely misleading and not encouraging to use the feature.
As it was noticed it can replace Auto-DJ in some usage patterns.

IMHO, MusicBee help file should be updated accordingly too  :)

UPDATE:

And what about Playlist Mixer ???
Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:00:24 PM by VX

boroda

agoMiST

Steven

• Administrator

agoMiST

I figure I'd ask this is this thread rather than starting a new one

I've set up some Auto-playlists to generate a single full album by an artist at random
and by setting the Radio Playlist/Playlist Mixer to use the appropriate playlist with an allotment of 99 (or 999)
tracks it will queue up one full album, however the tracks are sorted randomly...

Is there some way to force the Radio Playlist/Playlist Mixer to pull tracks in order rather than at random?

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Playlist-Mixer
Playlist-DJ
?
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here