Author Topic: Please help me click less im getting repetitive strain injury  (Read 2311 times)

Dannyboyni

See in windows 7, when you hold your mouse over the icon on the task bar it brings up the window to rate your tracks. When I click once to rate a track it only rates it 0.5 stars.

Most of the time, and this goes for everyone, your average rated track will be 2.5 stars and above. Can you make it that the first time you click it makes it 2.5 stars. This means I just need to click twice to make it 3 stars for example. Where as how it is now I have to click six times!

ma_t14

If you right-click on the system tray icon you can rate with 2 clicks for any rating
Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:48:03 PM by ma_t14

tcman50

that is the second most unmanly thing you did today, one more and we are going to take your man card away  ;D

Dannyboyni

If you right-click on the system tray icon you can rate with 2 clicks fo any rating

It takes longer that way as you have to move the mouse over the correct menu. Theres allot of mouse movement shall we say.

paq

I am personally not in favor of this suggestion since the behavior would be not what one expects.  If I click "Rating Plus" or "Rating Minus" I expect it to add or subtract a half star from the current rating, where "no rating" is more likely to resemble "no stars".

You could also just put MusicBee in mini player mode, place it on top of the task bar and then just click the stars for the desired rating. Another way to rate music fast with no mouse involved is to assign and use global hotkeys for actions involving rating.